If you know Rapunzel’s story, you know that she had to entertain herself a lot up high in that tower, and through her song When Will My Life Begin, she gives us a glimpse of her daily routine. She manages to keep herself pretty busy.
Just like all of us right now, Rapunzel couldn’t wait to be able to go outside and see the world, but she still managed to occupy her time with some fun activities while she waited for her life begin; reading books, painting, playing guitar, knitting, cooking, building puzzles, paper mâché, ballet, chess, pottery, etc .
So, since the current pandemic has forced a lockdown in order to ensure we all stay at home, why not take some of Rapunzel’s ideas and make it work for us at home while we wait for our life begin again?
We compiled some fun activities for you to do by yourself our with your family at home.
Get your inner chef out, full up your sleeves and start working on making some sweet goodies. Here are some options of great Disney inspired recipes.
- Chocolate Cupcakes With Hazelnut-Buttercream
- Big Thunder Ranch S’mores Bake
- Disney’s Chocolate Caramel Peanut Mickey-Shaped Macaron!
- Disney Parks French Toast
- Monsters Inc. Tortilla & Guacamole Snack!
Take some time to allow some creativity to flow. Remember, practice makes perfect, so why not take some time and try learning how to draw some of your favorite Disney characters?
- Learn to Sketch Frozen’s Olaf With an Animator!
- Learn to Draw Disney’s Lovable Alien, Stitch, and More Animated Disney Characters!
- Virtual Animation Academy: Learn to Draw Ariel from Disney’s “The Little Mermaid”
If you would like more drawing options the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ YouTube channel has an entire playlist of videos entitled #DrawWithDisneyAnimation.
It’s time to open that storage closet in your home and pull out that puzzle you bought but never really got to build it. Well, here is your chance. Or, you if you don’t have a puzzle at home and would like to have some options in purchasing some over the internet, here are a couple of Disney options for you.
- Pass the Time With Hundreds of FREE Online Disney Puzzles!
- 40,000+ Piece Disney Puzzle
- Give Your Brain A Workout With These 10 Unique Disney Puzzles
Sewing, Dancing, and More
And if none of the activities above sound good to you, no worries, here are several other ideas to browse through; take a Zumba or Yoga class, build some custom Mickey ears, get your hands dirty and make a garden…
- You Can Now Make DIY Disney Ears In Your Own Home
- 12 Simple Theme Park-Inspired DIY Craft Projects You Can Make At Home
- Craft a Bit of Disney Magic at Home with These “Frozen 2” DIY Snow Globes
- Three ADORABLE DIY Crafts Inspired By Mickey Mouse!
- Your own Pollinator Garden
- Free Disney-Inspired Yoga Classes
- 10 Disney Zumba Videos To Work Up A Magical Sweat
These are some suggestions to help you have some fun during your social isolation, but when it comes to creativity, the sky is the limit. So, get ready. Get set. Have fun!
Did you enjoy any of the options above? Or do you have another activity you really like to do? Let us know in the comments below.