It’s been awhile friends, but we’re back from a food coma and ready to get on to the next Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival Marketplace. We’re headed to Off the Cob! This stop has a couple corn dishes which can be easily guessed by the booth name, but it’s really a good representation of the farm fresh ingredients across the United States. What a great place to use your Sip and Savor Pass!
Off the Cob
The recipe we chose to try and replicate does not have corn in it! Because when there’s Mickey-shaped macarons on the menu, we’re there! This Mickey- shaped Caramel-Peanut Milk Chocolate Macaron, is the perfect combination of flavors, a little savory to balance out the sweet.
- Mini Chicken Chimis- with Chimichurri Corn Pico de Gallo and Chipotle Crema
- Shrimp and Braised Corn- with Chorizo topped with Green Onions and Crispy Corn Kernels
- Mickey-shaped Caramel-Peanut Milk Chocolate Macaron
Mickey-shaped Caramel-Peanut Milk Chocolate Macaron
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar (Separate 1/2 & 1/4 Cup)
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (Separate 2 & 1 Tbsp)
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Room Temperature Egg Whites Only (Separate 2 & 1)
- Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract (Separate 1/2 & 1/4 tsp)
- Baking spray
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Caramel drizzle
- Chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine almond flour, 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar, 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, and salt. Make sure it is well combined. (Tip: Sift all the ingredients into the bowl so you have a smoother texture.)
- Whip 2 egg whites with granulated sugar until you have soft peaks and then add in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and whip until combined.
- Add cocoa mixture to the egg white mixture and fold together completely.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a round piping tip.
- Lay out parchment paper on a try and spray your Mickey mold with baking spray before place it down on the parchment paper. That way the mold comes off clean from the mixture.
- Pipe mixture into the mold and repeat until you’re out of batter, but make sure to have an even number. It’s better to have extra batter than not enough.
- Bake your macaron shells for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. Keep a close eye on them.
- While they’re baking, make your filling by whipping 1 egg white, 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar, and a pinch of salt. Once you have soft peaks, add 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, and melted butter. Whip again and place into another piping bag with a round tip.
- Let your macaron shells cool completely.
- Then you can pipe in filling on the flat side and put other with another flat side.
- Plate, drizzle with caramel, and top with chopped peanuts!
- Fields & Orchards- Elderflower Liqueur, Artichoke Liqueur, Simply Orange, Fresh Lime Juice and Orgeat
- Farmstand Punch- Simply Orange, Pineapple Juice, Peach and Grenadine
This drink is a simple one to get going at home that’s good for everyone in the family! You’ll need equal parts orange, pineapple, peach juice, and grenadine. Start with grenadine at the bottom of your glass the pour the rest over, and top with an orange slice. It’s refreshingly delicious! Another great juice drink you can try at home is the famous POG juice at Walt Disney World.
View this post on Instagram
?Farmstand Punch? from Off the Cobb was refreshing and delicious?It’s non-alcoholic, but would be even better with rum ? . . . . . #farmstandpunch #offthecobb #dca #disneycaliforniaadventure #disneycaliforniaadventurepark #californiaadventure #californiaadventurepark #foodandwinefestival #disneyfoodandwinefestival #punch #nonalcoholic #orange #grenadine
Visit Other DCA Food and Wine Festival Marketplace Locations
- Nuts about Cheese: White Cheddar Lager Soup
- Uncork California: California Charcuterie Board
- Golden Dreams: Brunch Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
- California Craft Brews: Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- One in a Melon: Poke-style Watermelon with Cucumber
- Peppers Cali-ente: Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- LA Style: Monkey Bread
- Avocado Time: Tortilla-crusted Fried Guacamole with Carne Asada
We’ll see you next time at I <3 Artichokes! This is a hidden gem that we can’t wait to share with you. In the meantime, if you’re on a macaron kick, try out the sweet Raspberry Mickey-Shaped Macaron too!