Golden Dreams food items are Brunch Chicken & Waffle Sandwich with Mimosa-inspired & OJ Bubbles and the Seared Verlasso Salmon with Lemon Pea Purée, Black Rice and (Gluten Free). These items are awesome choices in California. Seared Salmon is great while you’re enjoying this coastal state and brunch is a popular thing in California especially with all the wine. So get your pass ready because this food recipe is inspired by my favorite f the entire festival, Brunch Chicken & Waffle Sandwich. Chicken & waffles is such an American comfort food .
Brunch Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
Ingredients (Makes 10 Waffles: 1/2 to match chicken or double chicken)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs whites and yolks separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk I used skim
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Instructions (via Picky Palate)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Place egg whites into a medium mixing bowl, whisk continuously until stiff peaks form.
- Place buttermilk, milk, melted butter, vanilla and egg yolks into a large bowl, whisk to combine then slowly stir into dry ingredients. Once combined, fold in egg whites until just combined.
- Spoon batter into each Mickey shape filling close to top. Close lid and let cook until golden brown and crisp, about 1 1/2-2 minutes depending on the heat setting of your waffle iron. Remove hot waffles and place on cooling rack. Continue cooking waffles until all batter is used.
Next main piece of this is the chicken of course!
- 1lb Chicken tenders or Chicken thighs cut into strips
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1Tsp Salt
- 1Tsp Pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Heat about 2 inches of Vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a pot or pan. Less splattering in a pot. (Turn down heat if starting to pop too much.)
- Set up dredging station. In one , whisk egg with water. In other , combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then flour mixture, and shake off excess flour.
- Repeat step 3 and then set chicken aside.
- Measure oil temperature. Should be between 350-375 before frying chicken.
- Drop in chicken one at a time. Make sure not to overcrowd the pot or pan.
- Cook about 8-10 minutes, flip, and repeat.
- While waiting, grab a resting tray and line with paper towels to soak excess oil.
- When chicken is done, transfer to resting tray and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.