Disney and coffee go hand in hand! Whenever I’m Walt Disney World, I’m always sipping on a cup of Joffrey’s Coffee from any of the kiosks in the theme parks. Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co. is the official coffee provider of the Disney Parks in the U.S. But even when you can’t go to the parks, you can still enjoy some magical coffee at home!
This week, Joffrey’s has started sharing some deliciously magical recipes so you can make your favorite coffee drinks in the comfort of your own home. All you need is some Joffrey’s Coffee (which you can purchase on their official website here!) and a few other ingredients that you may already have on hand.
Shakin’ Jamaican Cold Brew
If you’ve been to the Walt Disney World theme parks recently, you’ve probably tried my newest coffee obsession from Joffrey’s: the Shakin’ Jamaican Cold Brew! For me personally, this has got to be one of my favorite coffees at Disney World. I ordered it almost every day on my May 2019 trip to the Most Magical Place on Earth. I mean, what could have been better than some Shakin’ Jamaican Cold Brew while chilling at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort?
View this post on Instagram
We’re bringing you beverage recipes inspired by #Joffreys favorites that may be enjoyed from the comfort of your home! ?? First up is Jamaican Me Crazy® #ColdBrew. This brew is inspired by our Shakin’ Jamaican™ Cold Brew that you may find at our kiosks & our Disney Springs® Landing location. Check out the link in bio for the full recipe and video! Please continue to share your #JoffreysMoments with us, whether new or reminiscent—as we certainly miss you! ? We thank you for your continued support! #Coffee #JoffreyCoffee #Recipe #HomeRecipe
What you’ll need:
- Joffrey’s Jamaican Me Crazy coffee blend (French Press grind, available here)
- Cold Brew coffee maker or French Press coffee maker
- Any milk or creamer, if you prefer — I love just adding half-and-half or a splash of vanilla almond milk!
Instructions (via Joffrey’s)
1. Take the coffee grounds and insert them into the French Press
For a 3-cup French Press you’re going to want to use 2 ounces (4 tbsp) of coffee grounds and 10 ounces of water
For an 8-cup French Press you’re going to want to use 5.5 ounces (11 tbsp) of coffee grounds and 30 ounces of water
2. Fill your French Press with the recommended amount of water (make sure the water temperature is cool or room temperature)
3. Cover the French Press with plastic wrap
This captures the coffee’s aroma and ensure that it doesn’t pick up the scents of anything else in your fridge
4. Place the wrapped French Press in the fridge for 14-24 hours and take a load off or start a new Netflix show because we’ve got some time to burn ?
5. Take the French Press out of the fridge and plunge away! (Make sure you plunge slowly)
6. Upon consumption, combine 1 part cold brew with 3 parts water
Iced Cappuccino or Latte
Another one of my favorite drinks from Joffrey’s is an iced latte! There’s something about a Joffrey’s latte that is just more magical than others. Joffrey’s also shared a simple recipe for a magical iced latte that you can easily make at home. This is the perfect recipe if you can’t get to the parks — we may not be sipping on an iced cappuccino on Main Street U.S.A. or while overlooking Expedition Everest, but anything that reminds us of Disney is still a win!
View this post on Instagram
At-home-recipe #2️⃣! Enjoy this customizable #recipe for an Iced Cappuccino/Latte, deliciously reminiscent of a fan-favorite Joffrey’s kiosk beverage. ✨[LINK IN BIO] Make it your own & tag us in your creations! Stay tuned, we have more surprises coming soon. We ? our caffeinated community & we are here for you. #HomeRecipe #Coffee
What you’ll need:
- Cold Brew concentrate (using the cold brew instructions above)
- Flavored syrup of your choice (optional)
Instructions (via Joffrey’s):
1. See Cold Brew instructions above
2. Fill a tall glass with ice
3. Add 2 oz. of Cold Brew concentrate
4. Fill the rest of the glass with cold milk
5. Add in flavored syrup of your choice
6. Stir and top with whipped cream
7. Add some fun toppings, such as cookie crumbles or sprinkles for an extra treat!
Joffrey’s also sells all of their amazing Disney-inspired blends online. Some of my favorites are the Steakhouse 55 blend (an homage to Disneyland, my home park!), the Kona blend (who doesn’t want to be transported to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort?), and the Victoria and Albert’s blend (a girl can dream, right?). Pro tip: bundle a few bags of coffee together and save — you get the most for the shipping cost that way! They also offer discount codes periodically, so be on the lookout!