If you are missing the Disney magic, don’t worry because we got your back!
One of my favorite things about Disney is the food. From divine dishes to decadent desserts, Disney is filled with a variety of flavors. And if you ever voyaged on the Disney Fantasy ship, part of the Disney Cruise Line, you may have visited the Sweet on You shop. Sweet On You offers amazing desserts and sweet treats, but one of my favorites is the raspberry macarons. If you want to make this decadent dessert in your own home, now you can thanks to this easy step by step recipe.
Makes 20 macarons
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond blanched flour
- 2/3 tbs egg whites, divided
- ½ tsp red food coloring
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup purified water
- 1 cup raspberry jam
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine powdered sugar and almond flour in an electric mixer until fine. Add 1/3 tbs egg whites and food coloring to make a paste in the electric mixer. Note: Make sure the egg whites are room temperature before using.
- Boil the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to 260 degrees F. Whip 1/3 tbs egg whites. Pour the hot sugar syrup into the egg whites on the side of the bowl and whip at a high speed until thickened to form the meringue.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue to the almond flour mixture and combine, repeating with the rest of the meringue and making sure to deflate the mixture.
- Fill a piping bag with a round #6 tip with the mixture. Place wax paper onto a baking sheet, and pipe the mixture into ¾ inch round discs onto the sheet. Let sit for 35 minutes before baking in the oven.
- Place the macaroons in the oven and immediately turn down the oven temperature to 285 degrees F. Bake for ten minutes and then take out of the oven to cool.
- When cool, turn over half of the macarons and pipe raspberry jam on the flat surface. Place another macaron on top of the jam.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen