Are you missing the delicious flavors of Disney? If so, check out this easy to follow dessert recipe!
You can now make a copy cat version of the famous chocolate lava cake dessert from California Grill, located inside Disney’s Contemporary Resort in Walt Disney World.
If you are missing the Disney Parks during the temporary closures, be sure to bring a bit of Disney into your own home thanks to this step by step easy recipe for California Grill’s chocolate lava cake! Check it out below.
- 8 1-ounce semisweet chocolate squares, chopped or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks of butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Step By Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly butter sides of 6 individual (3/4 cup) ramekins. Lightly coat with sugar, shake out excess.
- Melt chocolate and butter in top of a double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from over water and cool 10 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks and whole eggs together in a large bowl; whisk in sugar and beat until thick and light, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate mixture. Sift flour, then fold into batter, mixing until smooth.
- Divide batter among prepared cups, filling 3/4 full. Place on a baking sheet and bake about 35 to 40 minutes or until sides of the cake are set and the middle is still soft. Do not over-bake.
- Using a small knife, cut around sides of cakes to loosen. Place onto plates (sprinkle with powdered sugar if you choose) and serve with your favorite ice cream.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home