If you ever had the chance to visit the Biergarten Restaurant in Disney Springs, then you probably tried the iconic Apple Strudel.
This warm, sweet, and flaky dessert is one of my all time favorites and what’s even better, is we can make it in the comfort of our own home! Follow this easy step by step recipe and recreate the Disney flavors in your kitchen.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/8 cup bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Prepared strudel dough, rested
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 lbs apples, peeled cored, and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Stretch dough until paper thin on a lint-free tablecloth. Using a pastry brush, cover 2/3 of the dough with melted butter.
- Once the dough is stretched out, sprinkle the toasted bread crumbs, approximately 3 inches wide, on the long end of the dough closest to you.
- Place sliced apples on the toasted bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the raisins and cinnamon sugar on top of the apples.
- Grabbing the lint-free cloth on the side where apple mixture is, roll the dough to the other end making sure that the apple mixture inside is even.
- Brush the outside of the dough with more melted butter.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Let cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes and then slice with a serrated knife into 4 equal portions.
- Spoon the vanilla sauce over strudel. (Recipe below).
Vanilla Sauce Recipe
- Combine egg yolks and sugar into a bowl.
- Beat with a wire attachment until thick and light.
- Scald the milk in a double boiler.
- Heat the heavy cream in a separate saucepan, then add to milk.
- With the mixer on low speed, very gradually pour scalded milk into egg mixture.
- Pour back into the double boiler.
- Heat it slowly, stirring constantly, until it thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Remove from double boiler and set in a pan of cold water.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir the sauce occasionally as it cools.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen