If you or your family are missing the Disney magic, don’t worry because Inside the Magic has your back!
Bring a bit of Disney into the comfort of your home thanks to this easy to follow copycat dessert recipe for Ohana’s famous bread pudding topped with creamy vanilla ice cream.
If you have ever visited Ohana, located inside Disney’s Polynesian Resort at Walt Disney World, we are sure you are familiar with the delicious and mouth watering bread pudding dessert topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. Well now, you can make it right in your kitchen thanks to this step by step dessert recipe!
Ohana Bread Pudding Recipe
Bread Pudding Dough
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 cups French bread
Banana Foster Sauce
- 4 oz. sugar
- 4 oz. brown sugar
- 4 oz. corn syrup
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup spiced rum
- 1 cup banana slices
Step By Step Instructions
- In a bowl mix eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cut bread in medium pieces, place on cookie sheet pan put in a 350-degree oven.
- Bake bread until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Remove bread and place in egg and milk mixture.
- Place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let stand 5 minutes, serve hot with ice cream.
Banana Foster Sauce
- Combine the sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and half of the heavy cream into a large pan.
- Bring this mixture to boil and slowly add the remaining half of heavy cream as you continue to keep mixture at a steady boil.
- Add the spiced rum and get ready to flambe!
- Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Add sliced bananas. Serve warm.
Delicious Dessert Recipe by What2Cook
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Disney Recipe: Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home With This Disney Recipe
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen With This Easy Recipe
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home With This Easy Recipe