Spyglass Grill in Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort offers popular American foods infused with Caribbean flavors — Yum!
And now, you can bring those flavors into your own home thanks to this easy to follow Disney recipe for the Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast!
Bring Disney magic to your breakfast plate by following the recipe below.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup guava paste, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 slices, brioche, cut into 3/4-inch thick slices
- 8 slices guava paste, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
Step by Step Instructions
Cream Cheese Icing
- Whip cream cheese in a bowl of electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add powdered sugar and whip until fluffy.
- Add heavy cream and beat until mixed. Set aside.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Whip until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until fluffy. Set aside.
- Combine guava paste and water in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, until thick syrup forms.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Combine milk, cream, eggs, and vanilla paste in medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat, until butter is melted.
- Dip 2 slices of brioche in egg custard, making sure to coat both sides of bread. Remove from custard and place on hot skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes, until golden brown. Turn brioche over. Place 1/4 of the cream cheese filling on one piece of bread and 2 slices of guava paste on the other. Cook for one minute. Reduce heat to low and press guava paste and cream cheese filling sides together. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until fillings begin to melt.
- Place on a plate and top with guava sauce, cream cheese icing, and strawberries.
- Repeat with remaining slices of brioche.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
Will you be making this copy cat Pop’t Art in your home? Let us know in the comments.