Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious! Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes!
If you have ever been lucky enough to dine at Be Our Guest Restaurant inside the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, then we can bet you had the grey stuff for dessert. But if you haven’t — it is very similar to a cookies and cream flavoring with a mousse like texture and can be served by itself, on a cookie, or on a cupcake!
And now, you can bring a bit of that Disney magic into the comfort of your home thanks to this easy recipe for the famous grey stuff from Be Our Guest!
If you are missing the Disney Parks, now you can bring a bit of Disney into your own home thanks to this step by step easy recipe for the grey stuff! Check it out below.
- Shortbread or sugar cookies
- Red Velvet Cake mix
- Buttercream frosting
- Seedless red raspberry jam
- Oreos (about 8)
- Sprinkles (optional)
Step By Step Instructions
- Bake red velvet cupcakes (we suggest in a mini cupcake tin) according to package instructions and set aside to cool.
- Either bake the sugar cookies (if you decide to make homemade cookies) or if you opted for store bought, prepare the cookies by taking them out of the packaging.
- Get the buttercream frosting. (You can either buy pre-made buttercream frosting or you can make your own!)
- Place Oreos in a food processor until finely ground.
- Then, mix the Oreo cookies into the buttercream frosting in a large bowl until it is completely incorporated.
- Put the raspberry jam in a frosting bag, piping bag, or even a ziplock bag and cut a small hole in the corner.
- Add a small dab of jam to the center of the sugar cookie. This helps”glue” the cupcake to the cookie.
- Place the mini cupcake on the cookie.
- Top the cookie with another small dab of raspberry jam.
- Place your whipped chocolate Oreos frosting into a piping bag and swirl over the cupcake in a cone shape.
Recipe by myfrugaladventures
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding