If you are missing the Disney magic, don’t worry because we got your back!
If you have ever visited Gaston’s Tavern in Magic Kingdom Park, then I assume you are familiar with the delicious Disney famous cinnamon rolls that are offered.
Bring a bit of Disney into the comfort of your home (and spend some quality time with your family in the kitchen) when making these copy cat cinnamon rolls!
Check out this easy to follow recipe for Gaston’s Tavern Cinnamon Rolls — thanks to Ashley Crafted (get even more of her recipes by visiting her website here)!
Cinnamon Rolls at Gaston’s Tavern
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 6 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour Divided
- 2 Packets Rapid Rise Yeast .25 oz Packets
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz Pack Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
Step by Step Instructions for Cinnamon Rolls
- Melt the 1/2 cup of butter with the milk.
- Once the butter has melted, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Grab your mixer and add 2 1/2 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix.
- Then add your water and eggs, as well as the warm butter/milk mixture from earlier. Mix well.
- Let’s begin making the dough. Add the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time. When the dough starts to form a ball, it’s ready!
- Trade out your mixing blade for a dough hook (or kneed by hand if you’re a super hero). Mix with the hook for 5 minutes.
- Grab the dough out of your bowl, sprinkle some flour in the bowl, and plop the dough back in the same bowl to rise for 10 minutes.
- Time to get your filling ready. Put the brown sugar, cinnamon, and softened butter into a bowl. Mix well. I ended up using my hands just to get that spreadable consistency I was looking for.
- Roll out the dough into a long rectangle. You want it to be much longer than it is wide to achieve the giant size.
- Spread the filling evenly across the whole surface.
- Starting at a short end, roll the dough like a jellyroll.
- Make a cut in the very center of the long roll, and then two cuts about 6 inches from the center on either side.
- Place both the rolls, swirl down, in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Don’t waste the remaining dough! I cut the rest of the dough into normal size rolls and put them in another pan to cook afterwards.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and drizzle over your dough. Allow your rolls to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees F. Bake for 20 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, get your toppings ready.
- In a saucepan, add your cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter. Melt.
- Next add the powdered sugar and stir. Once incorporated, add the vanilla and salt. Put aside
- In a saucepan, add the brown sugar, butter, and cream. Bring to a boil and maintain for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add the salt and vanilla. Put aside.
- Drizzle copious amounts of cream cheese frosting in one direction, then drizzle with butterscotch in the other direction.
Recipe by Ashley Crafted
Other Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home