We understand how much some of you are missing the Disney magic, but don’t worry because we have a solution.
Bring a bit of Disney into the comfort of your home (and spend some quality time with your family in the kitchen) when making this copy cat Pop’t Art from EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts.
The recipe below makes 6 Pop’t Art.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Food coloring
Step by Step Instructions
For the Sugar Cookie:
- Cream sugar and butter in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with
a paddle attachment until fluffy. Add egg white and beat for 1 minute.
- Slowly add sifted flour and salt and beat at medium speed until a soft
- Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone
- Roll dough into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into six, 3×5-inch rectangles.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until
- Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes.
For the Topping:
- Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread on each cookie,
leaving a border of about 1/8 inch around the edges of each cookie.
- Set aside.
For the Glaze:
- Whisk powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons of the milk, and the vanilla
extract in a pie plate until smooth. Add additional milk if the glaze is
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of glaze in a small bowl.
- Dip each cookie, chocolate-hazelnut side down, in the glaze to cover
- Set on a wire rack to dry.
- Mix remaining glaze with desired color or colors of food coloring. Use a
fork to drizzle colored glaze on top of the cookies.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
Will you be making this copy cat Pop’t Art in your home? Let us know in the comments.