Are you missing the flavors of Disney? Have you been craving some of the most iconic snacks from the parks? Well, you are in luck!
Churros — A classic Disney snack. In case you aren’t familiar, churros are fried pastry dough covered in delicious cinnamon sugar and are traditional in Spain and Portugal, where the snack was originated.
And the Disney Parks are known for offering their iconic churros! From the classic cinnamon sugar churro to the churro ice cream sandwich to even specialty festive churros such as the Worth Melting For churro, Disney is filled with different options, fit for every palette.
The delicious churro is a must-have every time we visit the theme parks, but now you can enjoy this famous snack in the comfort of your own home thanks to this easy to follow Disney recipe.
For The Churros
- 1 cup water
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- Cinnamon sugar
For The Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Let’s start by making the churros: Begin in a large saucepan over medium heat — Add water, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then add vanilla.
- Turn off the heat and add flour and salt. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until it thickens (about 30 seconds). And then let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Once mixture is cooled, use a hand mixer to beat in eggs one at a time until combined. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- Next, in a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil so it comes halfway up the sides and heat to 375°. Holding the piping bag a few inches above the oil, carefully pipe churros into 6″ long ropes. Be sure to use kitchen scissors to cut off dough from piping bag.
- Fry the dough until golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes) turning as necessary. You can fry 3 to 4 churros at a time and let oil come back to 375° before each batch. Remove the churros with a slotted spoon or tongs and immediately roll churros in cinnamon sugar, then place on a cooling rack.
- To make the chocolate dipping sauce: Place chocolate chips in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a simmer. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit 2 minutes. Add cinnamon and salt and whisk to combine.
- Serve churros with chocolate dipping sauce.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Craving Mickey Beignets? This Disney Recipe is Perfect!
- Disney’s Pumpkin Beignets Recipe is as Fancy as Club 33!
- Disney Dole Whip Recipe: Make the Iconic Theme Park Treat at Home!
- Official Disney Recipe for Toy Story Land’s Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich