Disney parks around the world are known for their sweet treats like Mickey Bars, Tigger Tails, Churros, Beauty and the Beast Grey Stuff, and Gaston’s Cinnamon Rolls. One of the most famous is probably the Mickey shaped beignets at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim and Walt Disney World in Orlando. These can be found at Disneyland’s New Orleans Square inside Cafe Orleans and the Mint Julep Bar. At Walt Disney World, you can find it at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter.
Throughout the year, the Disney parks release different limited time flavors. The recipe below is for the original flavor of Mickey shaped beignets. We’ll also add in some tips to change the flavors to some seasonal favorites and optional toppings and dipping sauces!
Mickey Shaped Beignets Recipe
View this post on Instagram
MICKEY BEIGNETS AT HOME!!! ???✨???✨???✨???✨???✨??? We’ve been craving these perfect pillows of dough, so we just had to try and tackle making them at home. It was surprisingly simple, and they came out AMAZING!!! ???✨???✨???✨???✨???✨??? We played around with some recipes, and we must say that this one is PERFECT! Swipe ➡️ to watch our step by step video and see the list of ingredients. HAPPY BAKING EVERYONE!!! . . . #disneyland #disney #beignets #mickeybeignets #baking #disneyfoodblog #disneylifestylers #disneyathome
recipe source: @weknowdisney
- 3/4 Cup Lukewarm Water
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Envelope Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp Shortening
- Nonstick Spray
- 4 Cups Oil for Frying
- 1/2 Cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- Berry Jam
- Add Lukewarm Water, Granulated Sugar, and Dry Yeast to a bowl.
- Stir to combine and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl combine Evaporated Milk, Salt, and 1 beaten egg.
- Your yeast should now be activated & foamy.
- Add in milk mixture.
- Add Flour and Shortening to mixture and combine.
- Once dough forms a ball, put on a floured surface and knead well.
- Grease a bowl and place well kneaded dough inside.
- Cover with a towel and let sit for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, it should be double in size.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a Mickey cookie cutter to punch out dough.
- Heat Frying Oil to 350 degrees and get a wire rack ready.
- Fry Beignets about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
- Dust with Confectioners’ Sugar or place Beignets with Confectioners’ Sugar in a paper bag and shake.
- Add a side of jam and dig in!
Other Flavors of Mickey Beignets
Double Chocolate: Add 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder into dough batter. Dust with Cocoa powder and of Confectioners’ Sugar.
Mardi Gras: Dust with yellow and purple sugar crystals.
Mint Chocolate: Add 1 Tbsp Peppermint extract and 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder into dough batter.
Pumpkin Spice: Add 2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie spice (ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice or cloves).
Hot Chocolate: Dust with Cocoa powder instead of Confectioners’ Sugar. Heat up fudge syrup to drizzle over. Top with marshmallows.
Candy Cane: Add 1 Tbsp peppermint extract into dough batter.
Optional Mickey Beignet Toppings
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Berry Jams
- Hot Fudge
What is the hunch and how do you execute it? Well everyone knows by now that Mickey beignets are one of the more messy treats in the Disney parks. So unless you want to be wearing powdered sugar, you need the hunch. You get into an athletic, bent legged stance about a foot away from your plate and lean your shoulders forward. That way you aren’t wearing Mickey beignets anywhere other than in your mouth and on your face!