Welcome back! If you’re just beginning our Disney California Adventure Wine and Food Festival Tour, don’t worry! We have quite a few more stops so it’s still a good time to join. You can always catch up on our previous stops down below. This post is all about the Monkey Bread at one of our favorite booths, LA Style!
This is a super fun booth. It’s a good representation of what the LA (Los Angeles) County cuisine is. There is a lot of diversity which births a lot of creativity and blending of culinary delights. Hence, a lot of fusion food, just like this booth!
- Asian-style Beef Barbacoa Street Tacos- served on flour tortillas with a mix of pickled onions, ginger, cucumber and Serrano peppers
- Smoked Bacon Barbecue Beef Loco Moco- Tender beef served on rice with smoked bacon barbecue sauce
- Monkey Bread- fresh bread soaked in butter, cinnamon and sugar, baked with caramel sauce and finished with whisky glaze and candied pecans
Cinnamon is a flavor that shows up in some of Disney parks most famous sweet treats. At Disneyland, you churros here, there, and everywhere! At Walt Disney World, them have Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls. Disney California Adventure is bringing it to you in the form of Monkey Bread!
This recipe is a simpler version of Monkey Bread because sometimes we just can’t wait that long to have the goodies! If you’ve got kiddies, you can leave out the whisky glaze, it does add a tiny bit of a bitter note.
Ingredients for Monkey Bread
- 8Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 16oz tube of premade biscuit dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Candied pecans
Ingredients for Caramel
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4Tbsp half and half
- 2Tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for Whisky Glaze
- 1 1/2cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2tsp whisky
- 1tsp water
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
- Melt butter in a bowl and use a little to coat a loaf pan.
- Cut the biscuit into six even pieces.
- Take each of the pieces separately, cover them with butter, toss them in the cinnamon mixture, and place them in the loaf pan.
- Cover the pan with foil, you don’t want it to burn with all the sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes then uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- While monkey bread is baking, heat a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Mix in brown sugar, half-and-half, butter, and salt.
- Stirring constantly, cook for about 5 minutes until it’s a thick liquid consistency then add in vanilla and cook another minute.
- For the whisky glaze, mix together confectioner’s sugar, whisky, water, and cinnamon.
- Chop up candied pecans.
- Plate Monkey Bread warm and drizzle caramel and whisky glaze over. Top with candied pecans.
- Prepare to have a sticky, yummy forkful!
- Amaretto Stout-Cream Cold Brew- Sumatra cold brew by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co., stout-infused cream, Amaretto Liqueur and tiramisu syrup
- Blue Angeleno Cocktail- White rum, blue curaçao, orgeat, sweetened coconut cream, pineapple juice and simply orange
Joffrey’s recently released some fun at-home coffee recipes you can enjoy. This Amaretto Stout-Cream Cold Brew definitely had a kick to it from the coffee and the booze!
- Nuts about Cheese: White Cheddar Lager Soup
- Uncork California: Charcuterie Board
- Golden Dreams: Brunch Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
- California Craft Brews: Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- One in a Melon: Poke-style Watermelon with Cucumber
- Peppers Cali-ente: Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Join us at the first stop in the second half of our Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival tour, Avocado Time! Abu is coming along with us through the Festival Marketplace!