Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan know how to make everything more fun (even a 2419 alert!), so you can bet you’re going to have a good time making this Monsters, Inc. inspired snack, featuring Mike and Sulley.
The simple guacamole snack requires ingredients that are probably already in your pantry, which makes it the perfect healthy snack for kids of all ages (grown-ups too!) Find the full Monsters Inc snack recipe below.
Monsters, Inc. Guacamole Snack (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 3 blue corn tortillas
- 2 white corn tortillas
- 3 black olives
- 1 lime
- 2×5-inch piece of eggplant skin
- ¼ cup shredded white cheese
- 1 drop blue food dye
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime or ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt, to taste
What You Do:
- Cut a large U-shape out of 2 blue corn tortillas. Cut a straight line across the top of the U-shapes to create the complete outline of Sulley’s face. Cut out Sulley’s eyebrows and nose from the 3rd blue corn tortilla.
2. Cut out Sulley’s eyeballs, horns, teeth, and eye reflection dot from a white corn tortilla. Cut out Mike Wazowski’s eyeball, teeth, and eye reflection dot from another white corn tortilla. For best results, use a sharp knife, round cutters, and a drinking straw to make clean cuts.
3. To create the black parts of both Sulley and Mike’s eyes, cut the ends off of 3 olives. Slice off the end of a lime to create the iris of Mike’s eye. Cut his ears out from the skin of the lime.
4. Cut out Sulley and Mike’s smiles from eggplant skin.
5. Mix the cheese evenly with 1 drop of blue food dye. Place one of the U-shaped tortillas on a pan over low heat. Scatter the blue-colored cheese evenly atop the tortilla, allow it to melt, and then place the other U-shaped tortilla on top. Flip the quesadilla and let the cheese heat through. Place on a bed of shredded red cabbage, then arrange Sulley’s facial features on top of the warm quesadilla.
6. To make the Mike Wazowski Guacamole, blend the avocado, cilantro, juice of 1 lime (or ½ a lemon), and salt in a food processor until creamy. Fill a small bowl with the guacamole, then smooth out the surface to resemble a rounded eyeball. Arrange Mike’s facial features on top of the guacamole. Enjoy!
This simple Disney snack is both nutritious and fun to eat! It’s sure to become a snack time favorite in your house, especially if you have little monsters of your own. This would also be the perfect Disney themed food to serve at a Monsters, Inc. birthday party!
Will you be whipping up some Monsters Inc guacamole before your next Monsters, Inc. or Monsters University movie night at home?
More Disney/Pixar Snacks to Try!
If your family loves Disney/Pixar movies, don’t miss these great recipes! This Inside Out pizza features the face of Anger, so don’t hesitate to make your pizza sauce extra spicy.
For dessert, go on a baking adventure and make these Onward cupcakes. Do Barley and Ian proud by letting your kids “quest” for ingredients around the kitchen to turn this into a fun at-home Disney activity!
Which Disney-Pixar recipe are you going to try first? Tell us in the comments!