Angry about having to spend so much time indoors lately? Fuel that anger into art! Or should we say ‘food art.’
You should try out this easy to make pizza recipe, inspired by Anger from Pixar’s Inside Out film. This adorable and delicious dish requires all of your standard pizza ingredients, but goes that little extra step to turn what would typically be a regular pepperoni pizza, into a Disney one. I don’t know about you, but I know I love any excuse to bring a little extra Disney magic into my home!
Ready to make your own angry little pizza? Here’s what you’ll need!
- 1- 8” pizza crust, ready-made
- 3 Tbsp pizza sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 large pieces of pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 3 slices of hard cheese, in 3 shades of orange
- 1 slice hard cheese, white
- 1 black olive
Once you have all of the ingredients, this step-by-step guide will walk you through the recipe!
- To make Anger’s face, lay the slices of pepperoni on a small piece of parchment paper. Overlap the slices by ½” to create a rough 3” x 4” rectangle. Place another small piece of parchment paper on top of the layered pepperoni, then use your hands to flatten the slices against each other to create one even layer.
- Remove the top layer of parchment. Use a sharp knife to cut the sides of Anger’s face straight. His face should resemble a trapezoid.
- Create Anger’s head flames by using a paring knife to cut a slice of orange cheese into a rough triangle with 2 wavy sides. Cut the 2 other shades/slices of orange cheese, now in sizes different from the first. The base of the largest triangle should be the same length as the top of Anger’s face.
- Layer the cheese flames, with the smallest piece on top and the largest on the bottom.
- Create Anger’s teeth and eyes by cutting them out from a slice of hard, white cheese.
- To create the center of Anger’s eyes, cut the olive in half lengthwise. Cut each half into a “U” shape.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare the pizza by spreading an even layer of sauce on the crust, then top with the mozzarella. Bake for about 7-10 minutes (or according to package instructions) until the crust is slightly browned & the cheese is melted.
- After removing from the oven, allow the pizza to cool for a few minutes. Using a small spatula, transfer Anger’s face onto the surface of the pizza. Arrange the cheese “flames” above Anger’s face. Place the white cheese cut-outs and cut olives atop the pepperoni as his eyes. Finally, place the other white cheese cut-out on for his teeth. Serve immediately & enjoy!
Spending Quality Time With Loved Ones Over A Meal
Baking pizza’s together can be a great way to get the whole family involved with prepping a meal and spending some quality time together, in a more hands on way. Better yet, you can turn this activity into a nice night of self reflection with your loved ones! After you finish eating your pizza, you can turn the evening into a movie night!
Watch Inside Out on Disney+ while talking about what emotions you’re feeling during this time at home. This can be a great example of how food can bring people together in tough times.
Original recipe from Disney Family Site!