Are you looking for a baking activity that will help you beat the isolation blues? I’ve got just the recipe for you!
Disney has just shared an easy-to-follow recipe that will bring some of our new favorite characters from Pixar’s Onward, right into your kitchen. Now we’re here to share it with you! While these cupcakes are as blue as can be, they are the perfect treat to bring a little joy and Disney magic into your home routine. Featuring Pixar’s latest duo — elf brothers Ian and Barley Lightfoot — these adorable Onward themed cupcakes are sure to enchant everyone in your household!
Just a note!
Keep in mind, this Onward cupcake recipe is strictly for how to decorate the cupcakes! You’ll want to start off by either making simple boxed cupcakes or following your own personal favorite cake recipe (I personally love vanilla cupcakes)! Once they are out of the oven and cooled, you’re ready to go. You’ll want to make sure that you have the ingredients listed below, before getting started.
- White frosting (Cream cheese Frosting will work)
- Blue food coloring
- Blue sprinkles
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Fondant (black, light blue, dark blue)
- Candy melts (pink, brown)
- Pink dusting powder
- Hard butterscotch candy (broken into pieces)
Once you have the ingredients listed above, you’re ready to get started decorating!
- Add blue food coloring to the white cream cheese frosting and stir. Frost the cupcakes.
- Shape the light blue fondant into elf ears. Dip the pointy ends into melted pink candy melts and refrigerate to set. Place on the sides of each cupcake.
- Twist apart the chocolate sandwich cookie and cut a straight edge across the top quarter of cookie. Place on top of Barley’s cupcakes to make his hat.
- Form a triangular nose from light blue fondant, eyes from black fondant, and eyebrows from dark blue fondant. Set in the refrigerator.
- Draw and cut a hair template for Ian and Barley in 3 to 4 segments. Have fun drawing swirly and spiky hair designs. Cut out from dark blue fondant pieces. Place on top of cupcakes.
- Now let’s get started on the faces! Add the fondant features to each frosted cupcake. You can add arms to the bottom if you wish, using leftover frosting or fondant. Brush on pink dusting powder on the cheeks. Insert blue sprinkles on Barley’s chin for his facial hair.
- For the wizard staff, fill a piping bag with melted brown chocolate or brown candy melt. You can draw an outline of the wand on parchment paper to help guide you. Attach a chopped piece of butterscotch candy while the chocolate is still wet. Continue to pipe the third chocolate branch on top of each candy piece. Place in the fridge to set.
- Serve up and enjoy these delicious cupcakes!
*Original recipe shared by Disney
Will you be trying out this Onward cupcake recipe?