If you’re looking for a sweet treat to get your sugar fix on today, then these chocolate cupcakes with hazelnut-buttercream frosting will do the trick! Disney originally shared this recipe following the 25th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios back in 2014. It made its debut in the park on May 1st and was released as a designer cupcake, that was a specialty item for the celebration in Disney World!
Chocolate Cupcakes Are Never Out Of Style!
Although Disney’s Hollywood Studios 25th celebration is long past, these chocolate cupcakes have stood the test of time as a delicious and well loved Disney treat! Who doesn’t love cake, am I right? If you’re as mesmerized by this dessert as I am, then now is the perfect time to get baking and bring this Disney treat right to the comfort of your home.
This recipe makes 24 cupcakes– so it’s the perfect treat for both yourself and to share!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup hazelnut-chocolate spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in large bowl, whisking to combine. Add oil, coffee, and milk; beat with an electric mixer 1 minute until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat 2 minutes until very well combined. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Combine shortening and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until creamy. Beat in hazelnut-chocolate spread and vanilla extract until smooth. With mixer running at medium speed, add confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well to combine before adding the next cup.
- After all sugar has been added, beat in 3 to 4 tablespoons milk, just until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a large round or star tip and pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Alternatively, frost cupcakes with an offset spatula or a butter knife.
Recipe shared by Disney
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
Will you be trying out Disney’s Chocolate Cupcakes With Hazelnut-Buttercream recipe?