If you have ever dined at Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Walt Disney World, you are probably familiar with the delicious dessert — Strawberry Shortcake! Now, you don’t need a reservation because you can make this mouthwatering dessert right in the comfort of your own home.
Thanks to The Purple Pumpkin Blog, we have an easy to follow copy cat recipe perfect to satisfy those cravings. Let’s get started!
Yellow Pound Cake
- 1 ¼ pound Cake Flour
- 1 ¼ pound Granulated Sugar
- ¼ ounce Baking Powder
- Pinch Nutmeg
- ½ ounce Salt
- ½ pound Shortening
- ¼ pound Butter
- 8 ounces Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 4 ounces Milk
- ½ ounce Vanilla
- (Almond Extract can be substituted for vanilla)
- Whipped cream
- Smucker’s Frozen strawberries (thawed) to taste.
- Sift and blend all dry ingredients from Step 1 together. Add shortening, butter, milk, and mix 5-7 minutes at low speed.
- Combine all ingredients from Step 2 together and blend lightly.
- Add liquid mix from Step 2 to Step 1 in three parts, scraping down bowl between. Bake at 350 degrees until tester inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Add whipped cream and strawberries.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
Will you be making this copy cat Strawberry Shortcake from Hoop Dee Doo in your home? Let us know in the comments.