Have you ever attended the EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival? Have you ever tried the famous Frushi from the Japan Pavilion? If so, and if you are looking for a way to bring some Disney flavors into your own home, you’re in luck!
In case you aren’t familiar with Frushi — It is a fruit sushi made with coconut rice, toasted coconut, fresh strawberries, and other brilliant flavors (and then drizzled with raspberry sauced) and is served at the EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival.
Thanks to JaMonkey, we have an easy to follow copy cat recipe perfect to satisfy those cravings. Though this isn’t an exact recipe from the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival, it is very close to the real deal.
- 2 cups sushi rice cooked per package directions
- 1 tablespoon cream of coconut
- 16 soy wrappers
- 16 fresh strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1/2 cantaloupe cut into four-inch-long by 1/4-inch-wide rectangles
- 1/2 pineapple peeled and cored cut into four-inch-long by 1/4-inch-wide rectangles
- Toasted coconut for garnish
- Fruit roll-up or fruit leather optional to soy wrappers
Begin by cooking the sushi rice according to package directions and then let cool slightly. Stir in cream of coconut and set aside to cool to room temperature.
Next, lay out one soy wrapper on a flat surface. Place about 1/4 cup sushi rice on the soy wrapper, pressing with fingers to cover the whole sheet. (Make sure your fingers are wet so it doesn’t stick.)
Place one piece each of pineapple and cantaloupe, and then four pieces of strawberry in the center of the rice-covered sheet.
Starting at one end, fold about 1/3 of the roll-up, then roll the sheet into a cylinder, keeping the fruit in the middle. Seal the soy wrapper by moistening the end and pressing.
Cut into 4 equal pieces. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Garnish with toasted coconut.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
- Cornbread Recipe From Hoop Dee Doo and Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Beef Burger From EPCOT Food and Wine Festival
Will you be making this copy cat Frushi recipe in your home? Let us know in the comments.