We recently reported that Walt Disney World was gearing up for its reopening by testing the Skyliner lines. But now, we have confirmation of when exactly the Disney Skyliner will be back up and operating for guests.
In case you aren’t familiar, Guests can board this complimentary mode of transportation and will glide past one-of-a-kind views of waterways, woodlands, and two Walt Disney World theme parks: Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT.
Inside the Magic decided to call Walt Disney World guest services to try and find out transportation services for when the parks reopen July 11 and July 15 and here is what we found out regarding the Disney Skyliner specifically.
Related: Aerial Photos Give Us Inside Look At Disney Skyliner During Parks Temporary Closure
The guest services representative that Inside the Magic spoke with stated that the “Skyliner should be in operation beginning on July 15”. When asked about hours, she said they will “probably same as park hours which I believe begins at 10am.”
Related: Take a Disney Skyliner “Pub Crawl” on your next Disney World trip
Disney Skyliner Stations
The Disney Skyliner is used for connecting EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios with four surrounding resorts — Disney’s Art of Animation, Disney’s Pop Century, Disney’s Caribbean Beach, and Disney’s Riviera Resort, a Disney Vacation Club resort which opened on December 16, 2019.
- The EPCOT International Gateway station is inspired by the European pavilions within the park. The station is covered with metal and glass canopies, beautiful hand-painted murals which are themed to flight and incredible ornate metal detailing — all in the Art Nouveau style.
- The Disney’s Riviera Resort station is influenced by the Mediterranean coast and will produce an elegant portal for Disney guests.
- The Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort station connects all three routes and is themed with bright island colors associated with the Caribbean.
- The Disney’s Hollywood Studios station reflects the Art Deco style of the theme park’s main entrance. Disney guests arriving on the new Disney Skyliner will be welcomed in with a panoramic view of the park.
- Since Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort are sister resorts, they share a Disney Skyliner station at Hourglass Lake. Bright and colorful structural forms will create a space that gives off whimsical and contextual feels. Departing the station, guests will hover over Hourglass Lake and lift off to beautiful views of both resort hotels.
More Information on Disney Parks Reopening
Magic Kingdom park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom will open the gates on July 11 while EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios plans to open on July 15. The Resorts on property also will be opening up in phases with each resort having a different reopening date.
If you are looking for more information on transportation services for when Walt Disney World Resort reopens, check out our full transportation guide here.
Remember that when Disney World reopens to guests next month, things at the theme park will look a lot different. Social distancing measures will be put in place, excessive cleanliness, encouragement of mobile orders, plexiglass, and as we previously mentioned, the elimination of character meet and greets. Also being eliminated from the parks are parades and fireworks along with other similar entertainment that draws a crowd, and much more.
Read More: How to Enjoy Disney Without Character Meet and Greets, Fireworks, or Parades
There will also be changes to the FastPass+ system and the PhotoPass System along with changes for previously bought tickets including refunds and exchanges.
Don’t forget to contact the expert Disney Vacation Planners at Academy Travel to help you put together your dream trip. Get in touch for a free quote today!