Walt Disney World is once again coming out on top with a brand new form of transportation: Disney’s Skyliner gondola system!
Today, September 29, marks the day that the new Disney Skyliner is open to the public and guests now have the opportunity to transport from their resort to the park, taking in beautiful views of Disney landscape, like they’ve ever experienced before.
Guests can board this complimentary mode of transportation and will glide past one-of-a-kind views of waterways, woodlands, and two Walt Disney World theme parks: Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot.
We got an early preview of the Disney Skyliner, or take a closer look at what this experience entails in the video below.
Disney Skyliner Stations
The Disney Skyliner is used for connecting Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios with four surrounding resorts — Disney’s Art of Animation, Disney’s Pop Century, Disney’s Caribbean Beach, and the soon to be Disney’s Riviera Resort, which is a Disney Vacation Club resort set to open on December 16, 2019.
- The Epcot International Gateway station is inspired by the European pavilions within the park. The station is covered with metal and glass canopies, beautiful hand-painted murals which are themed to flight and incredible ornate metal detailing — all in the Art Nouveau style.
- The Disney’s Riviera Resort station is influenced by the Mediterranean coast and will produce an elegant portal for Disney guests.
- The Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort station connects all three routes and is themed with bright island colors associated with the Caribbean.
- The Disney’s Hollywood Studios station reflects the Art Deco style of the theme park’s main entrance. Disney guests arriving on the new Disney Skyliner will be welcomed in with a panoramic view of the park.
- Since Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort are sister resorts, they will share a Disney Skyliner station at Hourglass Lake. Bright and colorful structural forms will create a space that gives off whimsical and contextual feels. Departing the station, guests will hover over Hourglass Lake and lift off to beautiful views of both resort hotels.
Disney Skyliner Cabins
Each Skyliner gondola cabin will bring Disney style in one of eight vibrant colors and several Disney themes (from Mickey and the Gang to Disney Animation Classics like “Beauty and the Beast” to live-action films like “Pirates of the Caribbean“). There will be a total of five loading stations along the line and nearly 300 Skyliner cabins.
Disney’s new Skyliner can accommodate up to 10 guests per gondola and is accessible to those traveling with a wheelchair or assistive devices!
Need a pick-me-up? Stop at Joffrey’s!
If you are in need of an energy boost before hitting the parks, you’re in luck! Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co., which is the official specialty coffee of Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and Disney Vacation Club, will be there to welcome Disney guests with a location next to the station at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
Prepare for take off
The brand new Skyliner will be in constant motion, which means guests will arrive at their destination within minutes! Relax along the way, take in the views, and you will be there before you know it.
Do you want to experience the new Disney Skyliner and need help planning your trip to Walt Disney World? Look no further than Academy Travel. The Authorized Disney Vacation Planners at Academy Travel can plan every aspect of your Disney trip – from booking your hotel to making dining reservations, Academy Travel is there for you. Get your no-obligation vacation quote from Academy Travel to make your Disney dreams come true.