If you are missing the Disney magic, don’t worry because we got your back! Le Cellier at EPCOT at Walt Disney World Resort is an extremely popular place to dine.
Le Cellier serves some of the most delectable desserts including a chocolate Canadian club cake, also known as whiskey cake, — complete with the familiar flavors of chocolate cake and chocolate icing!
And now you can recreate this classic dessert right in the comfort of your own home thanks to this easy to follow Disney recipe by Magical Recipes.
- 1 cake (your favorite recipe)
- 24 ounces Chocolate Mousse Batch (recipe below)
- 6 ounces Ganache (recipe below)
- 8 ounces Whiskey Syrup (recipe below)
- 1 pound Chocolate disks
- 1/2 quart Heavy cream
- 4 1/2 ounces powdered sugar
- 1/2 quart whipping cream — whipped
- 7 fluid ounces egg yolk — pasteurized
- 12 ounces chocolate coins (or other high quality chopped chocolate)
- 3/4 quart Water
- 1/2 pound Sugar
- 6 ounces Canadian Club Whiskey
- Cut your round cake into 3 layers.
- Take each layer and drizzle whiskey syrup over each, covering generously.
- After whiskey syrup soaks in, cover each layer with chocolate mousse, and stack all layers together.
- Cover completed cake with mousse and decorate with Ganache for icing using a pastry bag with a star tip.
- Heat Cream – do not scald.
- Remove from heat and stir in Chocolate Coins until smooth.
- Whip eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Carefully melt the chocolate over double-boiler steam bath stirring often.
- When steps 1 and 2 are complete, fold the melted chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture. Then fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Place in the cooler to chill, then portion and serve.
- Combine Water and Sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; stir until all Sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add the Whiskey.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
- Cornbread Recipe From Hoop Dee Doo and Whispering Canyon Cafe
Will you be making this copy cat chocolate Canadian club cake from Le Cellier in EPCOT? Let us know in the comments.