Are you missing the Disney Parks? More specifically, what about the Disney food? Well, if so and if you have ever dined at Garden Grill in EPCOT, then you are going to love this.
One of the famous sweets from Garden Grill Restaurant in EPCOT is Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake — Warm dough, sweet cinnamon flavors, and drizzled with a ton of icing! What could be better?
Well, now you can make the delicious and famous Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake from Garden Grill Restaurant in the comfort of your own kitchen thanks to this Disney recipe.
Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake Recipe from Garden Grill in EPCOT
Yield 6 – 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
Sweet Cinnamon Dough
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 ounce cake (fresh) yeast, crumbled (approximately 3 tablespoons loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For cinnamon smear:
- Cream together margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after adding each egg. Mix well and place in refrigerator.
For sweet cinnamon dough:
- Heat milk in small sauce pan to 90 – 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat, add cake (fresh) yeast, whisk until dissolved, set aside.
- Mix sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, eggs and flour in large bowl, until smooth.
- Add yeast mixture slowly, stirring until dough comes easily away from sides of bowl.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place dough in large bowl, cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest 10 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Coat bottom and sides of 12 inch cake pan or 9 x 13 inch pan with butter.
- Punch down dough, knead it a few times, roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 10-inch rectangle.
- Spread cinnamon smear over dough. Roll up dough beginning at the 15-inch side and pinch edge together to seal.
- Cut into 1 inch slices, quarter each slice, place pieces close together in pan.
- Cover, let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix milk, confectioners’ sugar, softened butter and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm bun.
More At Home Disney Park Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney dishes or Disney Park treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow Disney recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls
- Make LeFou’s Brew from Gaston’s Tavern In Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk from the Disney Parks
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff”
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen With This Recipe
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
Will you be making Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake from Garden Grill? Let us know in the comments.