If you’re looking for you next summer dish to try out, this roasted corn salad is a hit at EPCOT’s International Flower and Garden festival.
Not only is a light flavorful dish that is perfect as an appetizer or side dish, but it is also incredibly easy to make. The Disney Parks Blog shared the easy to follow steps and ingredients to make this corn salad and I guarantee you’ll want to try it out for yourself. I know I’ll be trying out this recipe for Fourth of July!
Corn Salad Ingredients
- 8 ears fresh corn, still in husks
- 1 fresh poblano pepper
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For roasted corn
- Pull outer husks down ear to base. Strip silk by hand, then fold husks back into place. Soak ears of corn in cold water with 1 tablespoon salt for 20 minutes.
- Heat the grill or griddle pan to medium. Remove corn from water and shake off excess. Place corn directly on grill, turning every few minutes until kernels are tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill, remove husk, and cool completely.
- Cut kernels from cobs.
For roasted poblano:
- Heat a grill or griddle pan until very hot. Place whole pepper on cooking surface and cook until skin is completely charred and flesh is soft, turning often, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and cover so that peppers will steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Peel skin, remove seeds and dice.
For Roasted Corn Salad:
- Combine corn, poblano, jalapeños, red onion, and red pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and lime juice; stir in cilantro.
- Pour over vegetables, stirring well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
More At Home Disney Park Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney dishes or Disney Park treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow Disney recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls
- Make LeFou’s Brew from Gaston’s Tavern In Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk from the Disney Parks
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff”
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen With This Recipe
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
Will you be trying out this flavor-filled Disney recipe this summer? Let us know in the comments.