Are you missing the Disney Parks? More specifically, what about the Disney food? Well, if so and if you have ever dined at Biergarten Restaurant in EPCOT, then you are going to love this.
One of the famous sweets from Biergarten Restaurant in EPCOT is the Black Forest Cake. Well, now you can make the delicious and famous Black Forest Cake from Biergarten Restaurant in the comfort of your own kitchen thanks to this Disney recipe from The Ultimate Disney World Cookbook by David Kennedy. Buy it here.
Black Forest Cake Recipe
- 1 chocolate devil’s food cake (10-inch diameter)
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sour cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons Kirschwasser (cherry brandy)
- 12 ounces canned sour cherries
- 3 cups chocolate shavings
- Cut the prepared devil’s food cake into three equal layers.
- Mix together the sour cherry juice and Kirschwasser.
- In separate container, dissolve the gelatin into the water and place in a double boiler until the mixture become clear. Let cool, but don’t let set.
- Add powdered sugar together with the heavy cream in a mixer, whip until soft peaks. With the mixture running on slow, gradually add the dissolved gelatin mixture to the whipped cream.
- In a 10″ spring form pan place one of the three layers of the cake in the bottom of the pan. Brush the cake evenly with the cherry juice mixture.
- Spoon the whipped cream on the cake layer, just thick enough to evenly cover cake layer. Place cherries on top of the whipped cream. Cover cherries with whipped cream, although the cherries should still be visible.
- Place the next layer of cake on top. Brush the cake evenly again with the cherry juice mixture. Spoon another layer of the whipped cream on the cake layer, just thick enough to evenly cover cake layer.
- Place the last layer of the cake on top. This should be the top of the devil’s food cake. Make sure you place this layer upside down to ensure cake will be even. Brush the cake evenly again with the cherry juice mixture. Spoon another layer of the whipped cream on the cake layer. Smooth with a cake spatula.
- Place in refrigerator until cake sets. Also, place any remaining whipped cream in the refrigerator to be used later to garnish the cake.
- Once cake sets, place a warm cloth around the pan to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Rewhip the remaining whipped cream. With a cake spatula spread an even layer of whipped cream around the cake and place half of the chocolate shavings around the cake. Make sure you cover any open spots around the cake. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate shavings on top of cake.
More At Home Disney Park Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney dishes or Disney Park treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow Disney recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls
- Make LeFou’s Brew from Gaston’s Tavern In Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk from the Disney Parks
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff”
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen With This Recipe
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
Will you be making this Black Forest Cake from Biergarten? Let us know in the comments.