If you’ve ever visited Carnation Cafe in Disneyland park, you know that their food is absolutely incredible. According to Disney, Carnation Cafe is described as:
Relax under a candy-striped umbrella and watch the world pass by—or unwind inside the Victorian-style dining room as waiters in vintage dress bustle past. The Carnation Café takes you on a trip to the turn-of-the-century with a nostalgic menu of delicious delights for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Fried pickles anyone?
Speaking of fried pickles, we all know that they are a must try every single visit! Well, now thanks to Disney Parks, you can recreate them in your very own kitchen. These deep fried bites of goodness have been served since 2012 and Guests absolutely love them. Alongside these fried pickles, Disney serves a delicious zesty dipping sauce, which we also have the recipe for below.
Fried Pickles from Carnation Café from Disneyland Park
Makes 1 dozen
Zesty House Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons favorite Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup favorite ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16-ounce jar of dill pickle spears, about 12 pickles (should be uniform in size; cut in half widthwise, if necessary)
For Zesty House Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl, whisking well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Using caution, pour oil into large skillet and heat to 365°F.
- Place flour in shallow dish.
- Whisk eggs until smooth in small mixing bowl. Transfer to another shallow dish.
- Mix panko and Parmesan cheese together in another shallow dish.
- Lightly dredge each pickle spear in flour.
- Add pickle to whisked eggs, tossing gently to coat.
- Add pickle to bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Place breaded pickle on tray and repeat steps until all pickles are breaded.
- Carefully place breaded pickles in skillet and fry until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with zesty house sauce.
Other Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
Have you ever tried the fried pickles from Carnation Cafe? Will you be trying out this recipe? Let us know in the comments.