The EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival is one of my all time favorite events at Walt Disney World. And if you have ever had the chance to visit, then you may be familiar with some of the bites around the world.
One of the most popular treats is the Tres Leches Cake — A delicious summertime dessert! And now, get ready to celebrate because you can make this cake in the comfort of your own home with this easy to follow recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 8 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Whipped cream, toasted coconut, for topping
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup white rum
- 8 ounces guava paste
- 1 cup warm water
Step By Step Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch cake pan and set aside.
2. Sift together flour and baking powder in a small mixing bowl.
3. Place egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in bowl of standing mixer with wire whisk. Whip on high speed to thick, light ribbon stage.
4. Remove from mixer, pour liquid into large mixing bowl and set aside. Clean bowl of standing mixer.
5. Place egg whites in bowl of standing mixer with wire whisk and beat until foamy. Add cream of tartar and remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Whip on medium speed until whites are glossy and stiff, but not dry.
6. Remove bowl from mixer and fold one-third of egg whites into whipped egg yolks. Repeat until all egg whites are incorporated.
7. Sprinkle one-third of sifted flour over batter and fold in. Repeat until all flour is incorporated. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake until golden brown and spongy, about 30 minutes.
8. Remove cake from oven and place pan on wire rack. Soak with syrup while cake is warm, repeating until cake is thoroughly saturated.
9. Ice cooled cake with whipped cream. Sprinkle with coconut and drizzle guava paste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. Mix all ingredients in medium bowl.
For Guava Sauce
1. Place guava paste in bowl of standing mixture fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on low speed to break down guava paste, increasing speed if necessary. Slowly add warm water until sauce is thin enough to drizzle.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
Will you be making this copy cat cake recipe in your home? Let us know in the comments.