If you are missing the Disney magic, don’t worry because we got your back! Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk at Walt Disney World Resort is one of my favorite places to dine, and I sure could go for some of their delicious cuisine right about now.
Trattoria al Forno serves some of the most delectable Italian dishes including a classic tiramisù — complete with the familiar flavors of coffee and rich mascarpone cream!
And now you can recreate this classic dessert right in the comfort of your own home thanks to this easy to follow Disney recipe.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups espresso or strong coffee, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup amaretto, divided
- 20 to 25 packaged ladyfingers
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed 2 to 3 minutes until light yellow; add mascarpone, 1 tablespoon espresso, and 2 tablespoons amaretto, whisking until very smooth.
- Combine egg whites and 1/2 cup sugar in a separate large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into mascarpone mixture.
- Combine remaining espresso, amaretto, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Quickly dip each ladyfinger into espresso mixture and create a single layer along the bottom of a 13×9-inch dish.
- Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then create a second layer of soaked ladyfingers. Top with remaining mascarpone mixture. Dust liberally with cocoa powder.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least for 3 hours and up to 8 hours before serving.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
- Cornbread Recipe From Hoop Dee Doo and Whispering Canyon Cafe
Will you be making this copy cat tiramisù from Trattoria al Forno? Let us know in the comments.