If you are missing the Disney magic, don’t worry because we got your back!
Bring a bit of Disney into the comfort of your home (and spend some quality time with your family in the kitchen) when making these sugar frosted fruit bites — very similar to churro bites.
Follow the sugar frosted fruit bites recipe below.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup diced candied orange peel
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup diced candied cherries
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Mix all-purpose flour, water, and yeast in small bowl.
- Rest at room temperature for one hour.
- Mix candied orange peel, golden raisins, candied cherries, and rum in small bowl.
- Rest at room temperature for 1 hour, until rum is absorbed.
- Stir in almonds and set aside.
- Combine sponge, all-purpose flour, softened butter, dry milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Knead to soft, shiny dough. Add soaked fruit and any liquid to the dough and knead until combined.
- Cover dough and rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Turn the dough onto a floured cutting board. Cut dough into 48 hours and roll into logs that are approximately 1/2-inch wide by 1 1/2-inches long. Place on prepared baking sheet, leaving 1-inch between each piece.
- Cover and rise for 45 minutes or until puffy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake fruit bites for 18-20 minutes, until light brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Place melted butter in small bowl.
- Stir sugar and vanilla extract together in small bowl and set aside.
- Coat baked fruit bites in melted butter, then roll in vanilla sugar. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Store sugar frosted fruit bites at room temperature for one week or freeze up to 3 months.
Official Disney Recipe
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
- Cornbread Recipe From Hoop Dee Doo and Whispering Canyon Cafe
Will you be making this copy cat Sugar Frosted Fruit Bites from Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Let us know in the comments.