Have you ever attended the EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival? If so, have you ever tried the famous Berry Buckle dessert from The Berry Basket? Well, you can now bring some Disney flavors into your own home, thanks to this recipe!
We have an easy to follow copy cat recipe perfect to satisfy those cravings. You can pair this dessert recipe with a glass of wine or just enjoy on its own! Check it out below.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2 cup quartered fresh strawberries, divided
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberry ice cream (or if you prefer, you can use vanilla ice cream instead).
For Berry Compote
- Combine lemon juice, orange juice, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add thawed blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and 1 cup of the fresh strawberries. Puree using an immersion blender until smooth.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries and remaining 1 cup of strawberries.
- Set aside.
For Oatmeal Streusel
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix all-purpose flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and oatmeal in a medium bowl. Pour melted butter over dry ingredients and mix until wet.
- Sprinkle on prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes and crumble.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray eight 8-ounce ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to scrape the sides of the mixer.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture, and half of the milk, mixing well. Add remaining flour and milk. Mix in vanilla.
- Place 1/3 cup of cake batter in the bottom of each prepared ramekin. Top with 1/3 cup of berry compote.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cake is set.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Turn warm berry buckles onto a plate. Top with oatmeal streusel and strawberry ice cream (or vanilla ice cream if you prefer).
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats or dessert recipes, be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
- Make Pop’t Art From EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts In Your Own Home
- Make These Sweet Raspberry Macarons In Your Own Kitchen
- Recreate The Apple Strudel From Biergarten At Home
- Cornbread Recipe From Hoop Dee Doo and Whispering Canyon Cafe
Will you be making this copy cat Berry Buckle dessert in your home? Let us know in the comments.