A pair of foolish mortals in Los Angeles, California has taken “hot and cold running chills” to the next level. Their 28 square foot bathroom has materialized into an amazing tribute to the boo-loved Disneyland attraction.
Using the foyer of the original Haunted Mansion as their guide, Carrie Hayward and Patrick Johnson have mastered the art of wall-to-wall creeps. With lavish window treatments, artwork and embellishments, this small paranormal privy would make any ghost host proud.
They met at a party where a common love for Disneyland was discovered. The Disney-devoted duo loved Walt’s magical parks to the point that they were married at Epcot.
Disney fans might recognize Carrie from her book and app, “Carrie Hayward’s Fairytale Weddings Guide,” and Disney blog “Disney Travel Babble.” Patrick perfected puppetry; his company, Swazzle, offers a wide assortment of live puppet powered performances.
Princess Pink Past
The original lavatory’s look presented powerful pink pigments.
Keeping with the Ghost Host’s “wall-to-wall” words, “Dresser II Roomset –Lily” (Ashes of Rose color) wallpaper from Bradbury & Bradbury, was used to cover the bright pink walls of the small room.
Custom made curtains and lace (in the exact pattern used in the Mansion) completed the window treatments. Similar work, sans lace, was used to skirt the sink.
Ready for a swinging wake
The small black chandelier was removed and ceiling repainted. Adding accents like small rosettes to the faux molding paintwork Patrick provided gave the vintage 1920’s chandelier (made by the same company crafting them for the Haunted Mansion) a perfect perch.
Combining Haunted Mansion collectibles, like lenticular images, candle holding gargoyles, and “marble busts of the greatest ghost writers the mortal world has ever known,” were combined with creepy cool props and ethereal accents (from Etsy and Amazon) to complete the look.
Their wickedly wonderful washroom is spook-tacularly stunning. The work done by Carrie and Patrick, with help from designer Leslie, proves that planning and a preference for paranormal playfulness provide perfect playgrounds for one’s passions. This Disney Haunted Mansion-inspired creative comfort station serves as yet another ethereal example of excellent at home Imagineering.
Did you like this home? We have more At Home Imagineering: Haunted Mansion inspired masterpieces.
Haunted Mansion Homes & Rooms
- This At-Home Imagineer was the subject for 3 amazing rooms
- At-Home Imagineering: Creating a Haunted Mansion-inspired basement that’s to die for
- At-Home Imagineering: Haunted Mansion inspired bedroom is a Disney fan’s perfect place to rest in peace
- At Home Imagineering: Pirates themed bar + Haunted Mansion inspired home theater
- At Home Imagineering – DIY ‘Haunted Mansion’ ride delivers hot and cold thrills at one fan’s home
- At-Home Imagineering: A Disney fan’s recreation of Haunted Mansion Holiday
More Haunted Mansion Inspiring Ideas
- At Home Imagineering – “Escape from the Haunted Mansion” board game
- At Home Imagineering – Haunted Mansion mobile make-over shows us a few Grim Grinning Gears
- 13 Killer Haunted Mansion collectibles that will turn you into a Happy Haunt
- How I Made a Haunted Mansion Inspired, Life-Sized Bride Figure to Haunt My Own Home
If this has inspired you to create your own happy haunt in your home let us know.