Something’s blooming at Walt Disney World Resort. With spring just over the horizon, it can only be one thing: EPCOT’s Flower and Garden Festival.
In 2021, the Taste of EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival will begin on March 3 and extend through July 5. Though the festivals are scaled back a bit this year, there is still so much to see, eat, and enjoy. Wander through fragrant gardens as you snack on fresh snacks, listening to the drifting sounds of the finest music Disney has to offer.
With all these options, the festival does not seem much different than our favorite festivals pre-pandemic. In fact, all these festival offerings signal Disney’s progress toward their celebratory 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. Since there are so many offerings at this festival, we have created a complete guide to the 2021 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival just for you. Peruse the eats, entertainment, and more to discover that a Taste of Flower and Garden in 2021 is still as fragrant as ever!
Flower and Garden Outdoor Kitchens
What would an EPCOT festival be without exclusive festival treats?
Since this vibrant festival will be available to Disney Parks Guests for over four months, a variety of food options is essential. This year’s festival offers over 20 kitchens where you can grab a bite of fresh, delicious food. Disney Parks Blog has shared an announcement, so we have listed the kitchens that will be available to EPCOT Guests below. We also included the information Disney has released about each location. Their descriptions give a hint at what the kitchens will offer on their menus.
- Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market: Venture to Germany for Bavarian bites sure to sate foodies of all ages—every dish is köstlich!
- Cider House (Located in World Showplace): Behold buzz-worthy ciders and artisanal provisions that are sure to hit the spot.
- The Citrus Blossom: Treat your taste buds to the subtleties of lemon, orange and lime—turning delicious dishes even more delish!
- Festival Favorites (Located in World Showplace): Discover Guest-favorite dishes, microbrews and other beverages.
- Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth: Discover the many flavors of healthy cuisine in this delightful eatery, featuring vegetables straight from the garden!
- Fleur de Lys: Indulge in haute cuisine and boissons that’ll make you fall in ooo-la-la-love with this palate-pleasing Parisian pop-up!
- Hanami: Journey to Japan for innovative plates crafted with culinary Zen.
- Jardin de Fiestas: Take a food-tastic tour of the Mexico Pavilion… these tantalizing tastes will add some spice to your day!
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™: Quell cravings with an incredible menu of all-natural food and drink infused with the nectar of the gods!
- La Isla Fresca: Nibble on Caribbean-seasoned dishes that’ll send appetites swaying to the island beat!
- Lotus House: Sink your teeth into authentic Chinese eats filled with morsels of good fortune!
- Magnolia Terrace: Get a nice, cozy feeling with some comfort food inspired by the Gulf region.
- Northern Bloom: Please discriminating palates with fantastic fare from our Great White North neighbor… O Canada!
- Pineapple Promenade: Get your tropical fruit fix from tart ‘n’ tangy to the sweetest frozen treats!
- Primavera Kitchen: Mangiare hearty helpings of Old-Country dishes served with a glass of vino… now that’s amore!
- Taste of Marrakesh: Intoxicate taste buds with the exotic flavors of this North African mecca—mysterious Morocco!
- Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible™ Foods: Delight in some of your favorite foods—created from innovative recipes with some impossibly delicious twists!
- Additional Locations: Delight your appetite with mouthwatering morsels, nibbles and noshes from these year-round food stops.
- Refreshment Port
- Refreshment Outpost
- Cool Wash
- Funnel Cake
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
As you wait for these outdoor kitchens to open, experience EPCOT’s Taste of the Festival of the Arts (happening now). To see EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Menu offerings, click here.
Beautiful Disney Topiaries
Disney decorates EPCOT with the most unforgettable topiaries just for Flower and Garden. Each year, we see new displays and old favorites spice up the greenery across EPCOT. This year, Disney celebrates its 80th anniversary of Fantasia. In honor of this classic film, EPCOT’s reimagined entrance will welcome topiaries from Fantasia – including Sorcerer Mickey! According to Disney, these are the topiaries for the 2021 Taste of EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival:
- Sorcerer Mickey Mouse, Broom, Ostriches, Hippo and Mushroom – Main Entrance
- Woody, Bo Peep and her sheep – Future World West
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy – Between Future World & World Showcase
- Pluto and Chip ‘n Dale – Between Future World and World Showcase
- Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Huey, Dewey and Louie – Showcase Plaza
- Buzz Lightyear – Future World East near Mission: SPACE®
- Figment – Future World West near Imagination!
- Topiary Butterflies – Future World West
- The Three Caballeros (Jose, Donald and Panchito) – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Dragon Topiary – Japan Pavilion near Torii Gate
- Pandas – China Pavilion
- China Zodiac Topiary Garden – China Pavilion in front of Nine Dragons
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) – Future World West
- Snow White and Dopey – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Remy – France Pavilion
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Peter Pan and Captain Hook – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger) – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell and Fairy Houses – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends – Future World East near Mouse Gear
There are so many beautiful gardens with bright blooms you can experience during the 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival. Take a stroll through all 20 gardens or pick your favorites to while away the hours in. My personal favorites are the Chinese Zodiac Garden in the China pavilion and the English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London® in the UK pavilion. Find these and your favorites below, from the official Walt Disney World list. Some gardens include Disney’s details for clarity and location.
- Outdoor Escapes Presented by OFF!® Repellents at Future World East – Unwind in refreshing spaces that show just how easy it is to create an outdoor escape that brings family and friends together—no design expertise, huge budget or green thumb required! (Note: closes at dusk)
- Floating Gardens – Peer upon more than 100 petite plots drifting on the ponds that border the walkway between Future World and the World Showcase.
- Festival Blooms – Admire thousands of flowers that form colorful, living panoramas overlooking Future World’s East and West lakes.
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ® at Future World West (Note: closes at dusk)
- (NEW!) Prehistoric Garden at Future World West
- Bold Bromeliads at Future World West by the Land
- Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth (Note: closes at dusk)
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™ at Future World
- Tropical Rainforest Garden at Mexico Pavilion
- Extraordinary Orchids at Mexico Pavilion
- Bamboo Garden at China Pavilion
- Chinese Zodiac Topiary Garden at China Pavilion
- Alpine Miniature Garden at Germany Pavilion
- Growing the Future presented by Murata Electronics at Germany Pavilion
- Garden Italiano at Italy Pavilion
- Kokedama Garden at Japan Pavilion
- Bonsai Collection at Japan Pavilion
- Urban Spice Garden at Morocco Pavilion
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London®
This 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival season will be different than any other. As the pandemic continues, Disney will continue to keep its Guests and Cast Members safe through with health and safety protocol in place in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Though there are changes that have been made to park operations, you can still find plenty of entertainment options during the Taste of EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival.
Though live entertainment options are less in quantity, they are certainly not less in quality. According to Disney, there are still some music options to enjoy with your family as you enjoy your Disney vacation. Disney Parks Blog says:
The Voices of Liberty perform an all-American a cappella showcase, celebrating the landscape, heart and human spirit of America, and Mariachi Cobre takes the stage for a performance of world-famous Mexican folk music. You can also tap your toes to the sound of the Jammin’ Gardeners, performing rhythmic beats with inspired backyard percussion, and head into World Showplace, where the EPCOT Pianist will be playing a selection of songs of the season.
If you haven’t seen the Voices of Liberty perform, you should take the opportunity to see their showcase. They are delightful entertainment. Plus, the Jammin’ Gardeners know how to grow a beat. The Mariachi Cobre will perform their moving music for adoring audiences. The EPCOT Pianist is sure to swell the atmosphere with a beautiful performance.
Make sure to see all the music acts during your visit to EPCOT’s Flower and Garden Festival.
Voices of Liberty
The Voices of Liberty normally perform a cappella songs in the American Adventure pavilion. The official Walt Disney World website describes the act as follows:
The Voices of Liberty will take to the stage at America Gardens Theatre with a brand-new showcase—the Disney Songbook—performing a variety of favorite Disney songs and celebrating the artistry of Disney composers and lyricists.
During COVID-19, this group has been temporarily unavailable, with the exception of the Festival of the Arts. Go enjoy hearing their music once again at the festival!
Experience Mexico’s rich music with these talented musicians. According to the official Walt Disney World website, Guests normally “sway to exuberant mariachi music as you catch a performance by this spirited band. As you explore the Mexico Pavilion, stop and enjoy the warm melodies of this world-famous traditional folk music from Jalisco, Mexico.”
During the Flower and Garden Festival, this band will play on the American Adventure stage, so be sure to stop in for the sensational sound of Mariachi Cobre.
This band of musicians (also known as the JAMMitors) rocks out during the festival to bring some magic to your day. The official Walt Disney World website describes this act as “our resident, rhythmic clean-up crew rocks the Mill Stage with playful percussion.” Go jam with these grooving gardeners!
Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth
Now more than ever, we should all be thankful for our health. We should also learn as many ways to stay healthy as we can. That’s why AdventHealth is partnering with Disney to offer not only an outdoor kitchen and garden but also tips to stay healthy. Disney Parks Blog says, “Looking for inspiration, creativity and some youthful energy? At the Flavor Full Outdoor Kitchen and garden along the Imagination Walkway, the whole family can learn ways to stay healthy.”
This Health Full Trail sounds like a wonderful place to be. Make sure to stroll through and learn how to be as healthy as you can *bee*.
As Disney fans, many of us love the challenge of hunting for hidden Mickeys. At EPCOT, you can hunt for the most adorable bee around, Spike! This sweet bee is hiding throughout the theme park, waiting for you and your family to find him. Disney says, “Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration is a springtime quest to find the buzzzz-iest honey bee at Walt Disney World Resort. And as a special treat during the Easter season (March 19 – April 4), you can also take part in the Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt to find Disney pals and their oversized eggs all around World Showcase.”
If your group of Disney fans visits Walt Disney World Resort over Easter, make sure to participate in both of these scavenger hunts.
As always, Disney offers exclusive merchandise just for the Flower and Garden Festival. Last year, EPCOT sold some adorable Orange Bird merchandise. You can find your official event merchandise throughout the park. It will feature fan favorites such as Orange Bird, Figment, and Minnie Mouse, so don’t miss out on the amazing merchandise to come.
If you want to experience the 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden fun but don’t know where to start, contact our friends over at Academy Travel. They can make sure you have a fresh and fragrant Walt Disney World vacation.
Will you be visiting for a taste of the 2021 EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival? Let us know in the comments!