With growing global pandemic fears over the last few months, so many different aspects of society have changed. One of the biggest industries to be affected is the tourism industry and a lot of Disney lovers worldwide have had to cancel upcoming trips due to health concerns.
Although we are all understanding of park and resort closures worldwide and grateful for Disney’s precautions to keep their guests and employees safe — it is sad nonetheless.
Bringing Vacation Home
But even though we can’t physically visit some of our favorite Disney vacation spots for the time being, with a little creativity we can bring the vacation to our homes!
One great way to do this is by trying out some of the nostalgic treats that are offered at or inspired by the various Disney resorts! Luckily, Disney is kind enough to frequently share these easy to follow recipes.
One of my favorites that they shared is a sweet tropical treat — chocolate drizzled pineapple skewers — created by food blogger Jenny Flake. This delicious dessert is inspired by Disney’s Aulani Resort in Ko Olina, Hawai’i.
Chocolate-drizzled pineapple skewers recipe
- 20 chunks fresh pineapple (using fresh fruit instead of canned or frozen fruit will give it a much better flavor)
- 1 cup chocolate melts, such as Ghirardelli (you can use milk chocolate, white chocolate or dark chocolate)
- 1/4 cup shaved sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
Follow These Simple Steps:
- Place 5 pineapple wedges onto each of the 4 skewers
- Pat dry pineapples with a paper towel to reduce some of the liquid
- Melt chocolate melts in microwave according to package directions until melted and smooth
- Drizzle the chocolate over tops of each skewer and sprinkle with coconut, macadamia nuts and sprinkles (do this step over a baking sheet to avoid making a mess)
- Serve room temperature
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home
- Make Cream Cheese and Guava-stuffed French Toast In Your Kitchen
- Recreate The Delicious Disney Churro Inside Your Own Kitchen
Hopefully this recipe will help you bring a little taste of vacation into your home! Will you be making these fruit dessert kabobs?