Time to bust out the lasts of your Sip and Savor Pass. We’ve reach our final stop in the Marketplace Tour of our Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival. Throughout the tour we’ve gotten to cook and taste a sampling of flavor from each booth.
Garlic Kissed Marketplace
- Black Garlic Soy-braised Pork Belly Banh Mi- on a Mini French Roll with Banh Mi Mayonnaise, garnished with Pickled Carrots and Daikon, sliced Jalapeno and Cilantro Sprig
- Carbonara Garlic Mac & Cheese with Nueske’s Bacon- with White Cheddar Cheese Sauce, topped with Nueske’s Bacon, Parmesan and Red Pepper Panko Crumbs
- Aperol Cocktail- Aperol, Vodka, Ginger liqueur, Simply Grapefruit, Simply Orange, and Ginger Beer
- Wither Hills, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
Carbornara Garlic Mac & Cheese with Bacon Recipe
Nothing’s better to pair with wine than cheese, so why not make a full meal out of it and make a delicious, ooey gooey cheese pasta. This is a dish that’s a play on the spaghetti carbonara with a classic American twist. You can find different Mac & Cheese Disney recipes all over the parks like Disney California Adventure Carsland Mac ‘N’ Cheese Cone, Creamy Bacon Macaroni & Cheese Tots at the Friar’s Nook in Magic Kingdom, and a Mac & Cheese Food Truck at Disney Springs. Now enjoy this copycat Mac & Cheese recipe right from your kitchen.
- 1 lb Macaroni Elbow Pasta
- 4 Strips of Chopped Nueske’s Bacon or any bacon of your choice
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/2 Cup Grated White Cheddar
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook macaroni pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, cook bacon and render out the bacon fat.
- When crispy, remove bacon.
- Whisk together egg, heavy cream, milk, garlic, pecorino romano, white cheddar, salt, and pepper.
- Toss pasta into bacon fat and then turn off heat.
- Toast panko crumbs in a skillet.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta and toss until cheese is melted. Make sure your eggs don’t scramble!
- Add some pasta water if your carbonara sauce becomes too thick.
- Top with panko crumbs, crushed red pepper, bacon bits, and parmesan cheese.
All Previous Food and Wine Festival Market Place Stops
- Nuts about Cheese: White Cheddar Lager Soup
- Uncork California: Charcuterie Board
- Golden Dreams: Brunch Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
- California Craft Brews: Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- One in a Melon: Poke-style Watermelon with Cucumber
- Peppers Cali-ente: Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- LA Style: Monkey Bread
- Avocado Time: Tortilla-crusted Fried Guacamole with Carne Asada
- Off the Cob: Mickey-shaped Caramel-Peanut Milk Chocolate Macaron
- I <3 Artichokes: Fried Artichokes with Lemon Aioli
- Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo: Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch
- Berry Patch: Greek Yogurt California Berries Summer Pudding
There you have it! You’ve completed the full tour of the Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival. We hope you enjoyed our culinary demonstrations as if we were actually at the Food and Wine Festival! If you’re still looking for food, try the brisket fries over at Paradise Garden Grill.