We’ve arrived to our second to last stop in our tour of Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival. This booth has all things berry-licious and refreshing for summer time! The Berry Patch Marketplace is next to the Garlic Kissed Marketplace right near the Golden Zephyr. I loved grabbing food from this marketplace and relaxing in the sitting area overlooking Pixar Pier.
The Berry Patch
Whichever Disney chef created these dishes and beverages did a great job, because the flavor is incredible. It’s definitely worth using more than one Sip and Savor tab here.
- Oikos Greek Yogurt California Berries Summer Pudding- Brioche Bread soaked with Raspberry Pureé, stuffed with Grand Marnier-infused Mixed Berries and finished with Oikos Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream, Fresh Berries and Freeze-dried Strawberry Crumbles
- Rasberry-Lychee-Rose Custard- Tapioca Pudding topped with Mixed Berry Compote and Freeze-dried Strawberry Crumbles
- Blue Marble Berry Bliss Hard Seltzer- Premium Vodka and Sparkling Water, with Mixed Berry Flavor
- Ruby Citrus Sparkler- Simply Grapefruit, Agave Nectar, Raspberry and Topo Chico Mineral Water
Oikos Greek Yogurt California Berries Summer Pudding Recipe
- 2 Cups Fresh Mixed Berries
- About 3/4 Cup Grand Marnier
- About 1/4 Cup Simple Syrup
- Brioche Bread, unsliced
- 4 Cups Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Oikos Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Fresh Mixed Berries
- Mint Leaves
- Place berries into a bowl and pour in Grand Marnier and Simple Syrup. Make sure you have enough liquid to cover the berries, give it a stir, and let soak for at least an hour.
- Slice Brioche Bread about 2 inches thick.
- Use a metal or silicone cupcake or ring mold, cut out a mound from each of the slices, and place upside down in a dish.
- Blend Raspberries with Sugar until smooth and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, whip the Greek Yogurt and Heavy Whipping Cream together until you have soft peaks, put it in piping bag with a star tip, and place it in the fridge until ready to serve dish.
- When the Grand Marnier-infused berries are ready, scoop out a hole in each Brioche Mound and spoon in about 2 Tbsp of berries in.
- Pour a thin layer of the Raspberry Puree over the brioche bread.
- Take your Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream and pipe it over the top to cover the hole.
- Plate each and garnish with fresh berries and a mint leaf!
- Suggestion: Don’t let the extra Brioche Bread go to waste. You can make a deconstructed version of all this by cutting the extra pieces into cubes. It will taste just as good with a different presentation.
Catch Up On The Previous Marketplace Stops
- Nuts about Cheese: White Cheddar Lager Soup
- Uncork California: Charcuterie Board
- Golden Dreams: Brunch Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
- California Craft Brews: Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- One in a Melon: Poke-style Watermelon with Cucumber
- Peppers Cali-ente: Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- LA Style: Monkey Bread
- Avocado Time: Tortilla-crusted Fried Guacamole with Carne Asada
- Off the Cob: Mickey-shaped Caramel-Peanut Milk Chocolate Macaron
- I <3 Artichokes: Fried Artichokes with Lemon Aioli
- Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo: Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch
See you at the Marketplace booth next door for our final stop!