There’s only a few more stops on our Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival tour. Today we’re stopping at I <3 Artichokes, and it wasn’t easy to find at first. I was assuming that all the festival marketplace booths were on the walkway that leads up through the Pixar Pier area. Then I checked the map in my Tasting Passport and noticed that it’s tucked away right next to Grizzly River Run. (Number 10 on the Map.)
- Fried Artichokes with Lemon Aioli – Lightly dusted and fried artichoke hearts, served with lemon aioli and garnished with micro herbs
- Artichoke Toast – Toasted Sliced Baguette with Artichoke Cream Cheese, topped with a zesty Olive & Artichoke Tapenade and grand with a drizzle of olive oil
Both of these are great Sip and Savor options, and easy for the chef at home. The Artichoke Toast gives a very Mediterranean vibe and is definitely up there on the list with the California favorite Avocado Toast. It can also be seen as a Spanish tapas to pair with this festival marketplace Sangria.
Fried Artichoke with Lemon Aioli Recipe
The recipe for this stop though is going to be the Fried Artichokes. It’s a fun easy appetizer or snack that is just delicious!
- 1 jar Baby Artichoke Hearts
- Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 Cup of Breadcrumbs (You can use regular, but I like Italian seasoning breadcrumbs for more flavor.)
- Vegetable Oil for Frying (About 3-4 Cups)
- 1/2 Lemon zested and juiced
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- Micro greens (Optional Garnish)
- Drain the Baby Artichoke Hearts completely.
- While the Baby Artichokes are draining, set up your dredging station. (One bowl Flour, One bowl Eggs, One bowl Breadcrumbs.)
- Start to heat your Vegetable Oil. You want it at a 375 degrees temperature.
- Dry off the Baby Artichoke Hearts with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Then coat them in the Flour, then Eggs, then Breadcrumbs. If you want them extra crispy then repeat this step again for a double dredge.
- When your oil is ready, drop a few in at time and fry them for about 3 minutes. Make sure to not overcrowd your pot.
- Rest them on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
- To make your lemon aioli, simply whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, and mayonnaise, as well as, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle your Lemon Aioli over the Fried Artichoke and garnish with micro greens, or just use the Lemon Aioli as a dip!
- Lolea, Red Sangria, Spain
Are you a Disney chef now with all these different recipes? If you haven’t seen our other DCA Food and Wine Festival Marketplace recipes, you can try them out below. We’ll see you at Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo next!
Catch Up On the Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival Tour
- Nuts about Cheese: White Cheddar Lager Soup
- Uncork California: Charcuterie Board
- Golden Dreams: Brunch Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
- California Craft Brews: Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- One in a Melon: Poke-style Watermelon with Cucumber
- Peppers Cali-ente: Grilled Shrimp Tacos and Creamy Poblano Pepper Pasta
- LA Style: Monkey Bread
- Avocado Time: Tortilla-crusted Fried Guacamole with Carne Asada
- Off the Cob: Mickey-shaped Caramel-Peanut Milk Chocolate Macaron