We have reached the final three stops in our tour of Disney California Adventure Food and Wine Festival Marketplace. We’ve been filling our bellies tasting all the foods of the event from our own homes only taking breaks to watch celebrity chef culinary demonstrations. Speaking of celeb(rity chefs, we’re so excited for this Marvel cookbook to come out this summer!) In the meantime, we head over to Festival Gifts and Merchandise, because this year’s festival merchandise is so cute and then we’ll continue to savor each bite left.
This marketplace has great options for chicken and beef eaters, but the one item we’re highlighting is for the people with a sweet tooth! If you get the chance to try to booth though, it’s definitely one that should be at the top of your list. You can’t go wrong with anything you choose to try here.
- Ranch Fried Chicken Wings- with a drizzle of Buffalo
- French Onion Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider- topped with Gruyere Cheese Sauce and Caramelized Onions, on an Onion Roll
- Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch- Milk Chocolate Mousse filled with Hazelnut Ganache and Hazelnut Pieces
Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Recipe
Ingredients for Hazelnut Ganache
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup hazelnut spread
- Finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
Ingredients for Milk Chocolate Mousse
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for Chocolate Hazelnut Shell
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
Instructions for Hazelnut Ganache
- Heat semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe boil for 30 seconds. Repeat until completely melted.
- Mix in hazelnut spread and toasted hazelnut.
Instructions for Milk Chocolate Mousse
- Heat semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk, and salt in a microwave safe boil for 30 seconds. Repeat until completely melted.
- Whip heavy cream with confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Fold in chocolate mixture into whipped cream.
Instructions for Chocolate Hazelnut Shell
- Heat semi-sweet chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe boil for 30 seconds. Repeat until completely melted.
- Put your Hazelnut Ganache in a piping bag before you make the Chocolate Hazelnut Shell mixture.
- Take an ice cream scoop and scoop a round of the Milk Chocolate Mousse.
- Pipe a dollop of the Hazelnut Ganache into the center of the Milk Chocolate Mousse.
- Gently drop it into the Chocolate Hazelnut Shell and turn to coat.
- Set it on parchment paper and sprinkle over chopped toasted hazelnuts before it hardens.
Limited-Time Brew: Kronenbourg 1664, Blanc Witbier, France
Craft Micheladas, Beers and Flights:
- Pizza Port Brewing Co., Honey Blonde, Golden Ale, Solana Beach
- Golden Road Brewing, Pineapple Cart, Wheat Ale, Los Angeles
- Lost Coast Brewery, Watermelon Wheat Ale, Eureka
- King Harbor Brewing Co., Cerveza Hermosa, Mexican Amber Lager, Redondo Beach
Catch Up on Our DCA Wine and Food Festival Tour
We’re almost at the end. If you still need to catch up, head to your kitchen and pull up these recipes below! We’ll meet you at Berry Patch when you’re done for a sweet summer treat!
- Nuts about Cheese: White Cheddar Lager Soup
- Uncork California: Charcuterie Board
- Golden Dreams: Brunch Fried Chicken & Waffle Sandwich
- California Craft Brews: Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- One in a Melon: Poke-style Watermelon with Cucumber
- Peppers Cali-ente: Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- LA Style: Monkey Bread
- Avocado Time: Tortilla-crusted Fried Guacamole with Carne Asada
- Off the Cob: Mickey-shaped Caramel-Peanut Milk Chocolate Macaron
- I <3 Artichokes: Fried Artichokes with Lemon Aioli