Over one year after Disneyland Resort closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, fans will finally get to return to the Happiest Place on Earth for more than the Downtown Disney District.
Beginning March 18, 2021, Disneyland Resort Guests will be able to visit Disney California Adventure Park for a special, limited-time ticketed event called A Touch of Disney. It is worth noting that DCA’s Buena Vista Street area was already partially reopened, operating as an official extension of the Downtown Disney District.
Therefore, expanding the open areas of the theme park to include beloved locations like Pixar Pier, Pacific Wharf, and Cars Land makes sense for Disney officials.
The event will feature shopping, dining, and even the return of Mickey Mouse and other characters! It already sounds magical, and we haven’t even gotten to experience it yet.
Here, we break down everything you can expect from A Touch of Disney, including brand-new food carts and expanded shopping!
Disney provided the following information about what types of food Guests can expect at this magical limited-time Disneyland affair:
A selection of iconic food and beverage items from both Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park will be available for you to enjoy, from churros and the world-famous DOLE Whip to the classic Monte Cristo Sandwich usually found in New Orleans Square. Many items will be served snack-sized, so you can delight in a variety of bites and sips from mid-day through the evening. These guest-favorites will be available at locations around the park, including Smokejumpers Grill, Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats, Award Wieners, Cocina Cucamonga to name a few, and six seasonal and creatively themed marketplaces. Keep an eye out for A Touch of Disney Foodie Guide on the Disney Parks Blog!
Disney notes that Guests will be able to “Place a mobile order for a selection of savory snacks, and refreshing beverages” at Sonoma Terrace.
Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
One of the first dining experiences to reopen on Buena Vista Street, Carthay Circle Lounge will continue to offer outdoor dining service for A Touch of Disney. Disney notes that Guests will be able to “Dine on flavorful dishes as you soak up amazing views of Buena Vista Street.”
The full Carthay Circle Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining menu is:
- Baked Bay Scallop with Creamy Potato Chowder
- Vietnamese Twice-cooked Beef Tacos with Pineapple-Mint Salsa
- Ceviche of Kona Kampachi, Avocado Relish, and Tomato Crazy Water
- Moroccan-roasted Chicken Meatballs with Pomegranate Relish and Tzatziki
- Duck Confit Empanada with Oaxaca Cheese and California Chili Salsa
- Carthay Shrimp Spring Roll with Thai Basil, Mint, and Spicy Aïoli
- Winter Pear Salad with Roasted Hazelnuts, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Velvet
- Tortilla Soup with Grilled Chicken, Avocado, Tomato, and Whipped Crema
- Strozzapreti Pasta with San Marzano Tomatoes, Basil, and Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Sesame Soy-glazed Salmon with Soba Noodles, Cucumber, Edamame, and Ginger Vinaigrette
- Lemon-crusted Fish of the Day with Baby Green Beans and Lemon-Caper Vinaigrette
- Roasted Colorado Lamb with Calabrian Chili Harissa and House Hummus
- Double Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae with Chocolate Fudge and Candied Almonds
- Apple Pie Sundae with Warm Apples, Caramel, and Brown Sugar Chantilly
- Artisan Selected Cheese Board with Seasonal Chutney
- Classic Cheese Quesadilla
- Orecchiette Pasta with Marinara
- Orange Dragon Chicken Skewers
- Hazelnut Crunch Mickey Pop
- Assorted wine, beer, hard cider, and specialty cocktails
- Red Grapes Glow Cube Charm available for purchase while supplies last.
- Green Grapes Glow Cube Charm available for purchase while supplies last.
- Snowflake Glow Clip available for purchase while supplies last.
Fan-favorite Pixar Pier restaurant, Lamplight Lounge, will be participating in the Touch of Disney event. Many Disneyland fans have been awaiting its return since Disneyland Resort closed last March, so this is especially exciting news! Disney notes that Guests will be able to “Enjoy gastropub-style cuisine and sips along the waterfront.”
The full Lamplight Lounge menu is:
- Angus Beef Sliders – Beer and bacon cheese sauce, tomato-habanero chutney, lettuce, and pickled onions on toasted Amish buns
- Lobster Nachos – Warm lobster with black beans, aged cheddar-Oaxaca cheese sauce, pico de gallo, and chipotle crema
- Pastrami-spiced Impossible™ Burger – Seasoned patty, American cheese, pastrami-spiced pineapple, house-made pickles, mustard aïoli, and toasted focaccia served with malted fries (plant-based; new)
- Potato Skins – Crispy Yukon gold potatoes with brown butter-caper yogurt, smoked paprika aïoli, and Manchego cheese
- Spotlight Nachos: Barbacoa – Chile-Spiced Beef Barbacoa and House-Made Tortilla Chips with Pinto Bean Purée, Spicy Tomatillo Salsa, Onions, Cilantro, Chipotle Cheese Sauce, Queso Fresco, and Pickled Jalapeños
- Tuna Poke – Yellowfin Tuna “Rice Bowl” with Magic Watermelon, Avocado, Edamame, Shishito Peppers, and Spiced Mango Nectar
- Cheddar Burger – Grilled Custom Burger Blend with Cheddar, Roasted Plum Tomato, Red Onion, and Avocado Ranch Spread on a Toasted Amish Bun served with Malted Fries
- Burger Slider – Mini burger with cheese and pickles
- Grilled Tenders with Sweet Chicken (Disney Check)
- PB and J Roll – Creamy peanut butter and whole wheat “roll” with strawberry jelly
- Assorted wine, beer, hard cider, and specialty cocktails
- Pixar Lamp & Ball Straw & Clip for purchase while supplies last.
- Sapphire Glow Cube available for purchase while supplies last.
- Lamplight Lounge Coin Souvenir Coins for purchase while supplies last.
With health and safety in mind, Disneyland Resort will offer multiple open-air style marketplaces and snack carts Guests can enjoy outdoors. Disney has provided the following descriptions.
Open-Air Marketplaces will allow Guests to “Indulge in an assortment of mouthwatering selections you’d typically find only during seasonal events,” such as the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival.
Snack Carts will give Guests the opportunity to “Scoop up satisfying churros, popcorn, beverages and more at carts throughout the park.”
Here is what we can expect, according to the official website:
- D-Lish – Dig into some classic Disney Parks dishes like Walt’s Chili from Carnation Café or dip into something new with the Very Very Berry Mickey Waffle.
- California Craft Brews – Quench that thirst with craft beer and pair with pepperoni pizza egg rolls.
- LA Style – Gobble up some seasonal faves from the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival!
- Golden Dreams – Please your palate with well-seasoned eats like sweet & spicy chicken wings from Trader Sam’s.
- Uncork California – Discover the Golden State’s wine-making artistry with red and white selections by the glass, as well as a California artisan cheese plate.
- Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo – Sink your teeth into hearty favorites like chicken gumbo from Café Orleans and sip on a fruit-forward beverage!
The following snack carts will also be open:
- Willie’s Churros – Buena Vista Street
- Popcorn Near Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining – Buena Vista Street
- Cappuccino Cart – Pacific Wharf
- Vending Cart – Performance Corridor
- Vending Cart – Refreshment Point
- Popcorn at Pixar Pier – Pixar Pier
- Poultry Palace – Pixar Pier
- Churros near Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Grizzly Peak
Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff
Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff will welcome Disneyland Guests back to Pixar Pier with its boardwalk-like atmosphere and colorful souvenirs. Disney notes that visitors will “Find a delightful mix of treats and gear at this Pixar Pier emporium.”
Elias & Co.
Elias & Co.is the largest store on Buena Vista Street. It originally reopened to shoppers in November during the first portion of Buena Vista Street’s phased reopening. Disney notes that the retail location will continue to help Guests “Discover fab fashion” when A Touch of Disney, the Disney California Adventure event, begins.
Off the Page
Off the Page has also been available to Guests for several months. It will allow Guests to “Check out a range of artwork, collectibles, and more” when they attend the Touch of Disney event! This shop features stunning Disney memorabilia for Disney Parks fans of all ages.
Legacy Passholder Perks
As Disneyland fans undoubtedly know by now, the California theme park ended its Annual Passport program earlier this year.
Former Disneyland Annual Passholders are now known as Legacy Passholders. Disney has been consistently adding new perks for these Guests, which is a nice gesture until the Resort’s new membership program is unveiled.
It has been confirmed that a Legacy Passholder Corner will be available at the Touch of Disney event. Per Disney, Passholders will be able to take advantage of:
- Special Legacy Passholder-themed magnet
- Special button featuring a unique design
- A Disney California Adventure Park 20th Anniversary-themed photo opportunity
Plus, be sure to check out a historical timeline charting the evolution of Disney California Adventure Park that will be on display.
Eligible Passport and valid government-issued photo ID must be presented to enter the designated Legacy Passholder Corner area and to enjoy these offerings. Experience elements are subject to capacity, restrictions and change or cancellation without notice. Hours of operation may be changed due to inclement weather or otherwise.
A Tweet on the official Disneyland Legacy Passholders Twitter account shared:
With the purchase of a ticket to #ATouchofDisney, Legacy Passholders can enjoy a special photo opportunity themed to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Disney California Adventure Park and themed amenities at Legacy Passholder Corner!
With the purchase of a ticket to #ATouchofDisney, Legacy Passholders can enjoy a special photo opportunity themed to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Disney California Adventure Park and themed amenities at Legacy Passholder Corner! https://t.co/0fYLvVoFng pic.twitter.com/NdwqTT0Io4
— Disneyland Legacy Passholders (@DisneylandAP) March 1, 2021
Touch of Disney Ticket Details
The official Touch of Disney webpage provides these details about tickets, which go on sale March 4, 2021:
- Parking for the experience at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure beginning at 11:30 AM
- A $25 A Touch of Disney Dining Card redeemable for food and nonalcoholic beverages at select dining locations within the Disneyland Resort (subject to restrictions including not being valid for alcohol purchases)*
- Unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos captured during day of the experience. Disney PhotoPass is subject to the Disney PhotoPass terms and expiration policy. Online registration required.
Dates, ticket availability and prices for the A Touch of Disney experience will be released on a rolling basis until the experience ends. Please keep checking back for the most up-to-date details. This will be a limited-time experience.
Note: there will be no admission tickets available for purchase at the Main Entrance Ticket Booth.
If you’re interested in even more information about the upcoming Disney California Adventure limited-time event, Disney has released the official Foodie Guide for A Touch of Disney and it sounds like Guests are in for a real treat — literally! From special while-supplies-last souvenirs, like Mickey Ears Bowls, to the elaborate Spotlight Nachos at Lamplight Lounge, it seems that there will be delicious delights around every bend at DCA starting on March 18!
Bookmark this page and check back often for updates regarding the Disney California Adventure, A Touch of Disney event!
This guide has been updated since it was originally published.