Disneyland Resort has announced an all-new, limited-time, separately ticketed event is coming this month to Disney California Adventure. Although the theme parks of the Disneyland Resort are currently closed, this new event at DCA will operate within state guidelines to give Guests the opportunity to shop and dine all throughout the park. One of the restaurants participating in this new event is the popular Lamplight Lounge, which will be reopening after a year-long closure at the Southern California Disney Park!
If you want to dine at Lamplight Lounge on Pixar Pier during A Touch of Disney, the new event happening at Disney California Adventure, here’s what you need to know.
Reservations are recommended, but not required
Remember that tickets go on sale for A Touch of Disney this week on March 4, 2021. One week later on March 11, those who have purchased tickets to the new event at DCA will have the opportunity to make a reservation for a table-service dining location in the theme park. Additional details can be found here.
Disney Parks Blog provides the following information regarding dining reservations and a walk-up waitlist for Lamplight Lounge and the other dining locations that will be open in Disney California Adventure Park for A Touch of Disney.
Mobile check-in – If you have a confirmed reservation at Lamplight Lounge or Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining, you’ll receive a push notification on the Disneyland mobile app when your check-in window arrives. Scan your QR code near the restaurant’s entrance; there’s no need to visit the host stand. You will be seated once your entire party has arrived.
Mobile walk-up – While dining reservations are highly recommended, you can also add yourself to the mobile walk-up list (subject to availability) for Lamplight Lounge and Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining using the Disneyland mobile app. If you don’t find walk-up list availability right away, you can check estimated wait times and look for reservations that may be available later in the day.
More Information: Here’s What Will Be Open at Disneyland’s Limited-Time Event
Feast on your favorite dishes
Yes, the Guest-favorite dish — the signature Lobster Nachos — will be available at Lamplight Lounge. If you have been waiting a year or more to eat these nachos (or if you have never had the chance to try them), this is your opportunity. This restaurant (formerly the Cove Bar and Ariel’s Grotto before the Paradise Pier retheme to Pixar Pier) allows Guests to dine on the waterfront, an atmosphere so uniquely Disney California Adventure.
Below is a full list of the food, beverages, kids menu, and novelties for purchase at Lamplight Lounge beginning March 18.
- Angus Beef Sliders – Beer and bacon cheese sauce, tomato-habanero chutney, lettuce, and pickled onions on toasted Amish buns
- Lobster Nachos – Warm lobster with black beans, aged cheddar-Oaxaca cheese sauce, pico de gallo, and chipotle crema
- Pastrami-spiced Impossible™ Burger – Seasoned patty, American cheese, pastrami-spiced pineapple, house-made pickles, mustard aïoli, and toasted focaccia served with malted fries (plant-based; new)
- Potato Skins – Crispy Yukon gold potatoes with brown butter-caper yogurt, smoked paprika aïoli, and Manchego cheese
- Spotlight Nachos: Barbacoa – Chile-Spiced Beef Barbacoa and House-Made Tortilla Chips with Pinto Bean Purée, Spicy Tomatillo Salsa, Onions, Cilantro, Chipotle Cheese Sauce, Queso Fresco, and Pickled Jalapeños
- Tuna Poke – Yellowfin Tuna “Rice Bowl” with Magic Watermelon, Avocado, Edamame, Shishito Peppers, and Spiced Mango Nectar
- Cheddar Burger – Grilled Custom Burger Blend with Cheddar, Roasted Plum Tomato, Red Onion, and Avocado Ranch Spread on a Toasted Amish Bun served with Malted Fries
- Burger Slider – Mini burger with cheese and pickles
- Grilled Tenders with Sweet Chicken (Disney Check)
- PB and J Roll – Creamy peanut butter and whole wheat “roll” with strawberry jelly
- Assorted wine, beer, hard cider, and specialty cocktails
- Pixar Lamp & Ball Straw & Clip for purchase while supplies last.
- Sapphire Glow Cube available for purchase while supplies last.
- Lamplight Lounge Coin Souvenir Coins for purchase while supplies last.
Disney Recipe: Famous Cove Bar and Lamplight Lounge Lobster Nachos
Health and safety
Note that health and safety measures will be in place as Disney California Adventure operates amid the ongoing pandemic. We wrote all about how Disneyland Resort is making this possible in our article here, but Disney also provided some information regarding health and safety measures that will be in place at the park. From this, we can get an idea of what to expect at Lamplight Lounge.
Here’s what we know:
- Face masks are required for all Guests age two and up. Face masks can only be removed when actively eating or drinking in a designated area.
- Capacity is limited, so a limited number of tickets will be sold for A Touch of Disney. Capacity will also be limited within restaurants like Lamplight Lounge.
- Lamplight Lounge will operate for outdoor dining in compliance with the State of California’s current pandemic-era protocol. Tables will be spaced out so Guests are at least six feet from one another when dining.
- Cashless transactions are highly encouraged.
- Temperature checks are required for all Guests prior to entering the Disneyland Resort.
- Signage to encourage the safety of all Guests and Cast Members is installed throughout the property.
You can read more about the health and safety measures in place on the official webpage here.
So, what do you think? Will you try to get a reservation for Lamplight Lounge as soon as they open on March 11 (for ticketed Guests only)? Or will you instead feast on all of the quick-service and snack options available? Read more here!