Are you missing the flavors of Disney? Have you been craving some of the most iconic desserts and sweets from the parks? Well, you are in luck!
One of the most popular dishes at EPCOT is the strawberry shortcake from Sunshine Seasons in The Land. And now you can make the strawberry shortcake in the comfort of your own home thanks to this Disney recipe from The Ultimate Disney World Cookbook by David Kennedy. Buy it here.
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe From The Land in EPCOT
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 1 sponge cake sheet (see recipe below)
- 1 quart whipped cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry glaze
- Strawberries for garnish
- Strawberry glaze for garnish
- Wash and dry strawberries. Remove stems and cut in half lengthwise.
- Prepare whipped cream by placing whipping cream in mixer on high speed. Whip for 1-2 minutes.
- Once cream starts to show some body, add powdered sugar and continue to whip until it forms stiff peaks.
- Cut sponge cake sheet into three layers vertically.
- Lay first layer of sponge inside 8×12 rectangular cake frame.
- Top with whipped cream and strawberries.
- Repeat process three times.
- Remove frame and ice sides with whipped cream.
- Comb top of cake and garnish with split strawberries and drizzled strawberry glaze.
Sponge Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour or 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line pan with cooking parchment paper, aluminum foil or waxed paper.
- Spray with pan spray.
- Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed (about 5 minutes) or until very thick and lemon colored.
- Pour eggs into medium bowl.
- Gradually beat in granulated sugar.
- Beat in water and vanilla on low speed.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, beating just until batter is smooth.
- Pour into pan, spreading to corners.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan and turn upside down onto towel generously sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Carefully remove paper.
- Trim off stiff edges of cake if necessary.
- Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home