If you are planning your next Walt Disney World vacation for sometime in the near future, you may be wondering if visiting the parks is safe. With the pandemic being so prevalent in our lives, it is important to know that if you are headed to Disney, that you are in safe hands. From the measures that we have seen Disney World implement, Disney World seems to be creating a very safe environment.
So if you wanted to see a few ways Disney Worlds 4 theme parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom) are social distancing, let’s continue.
One of the best things about going to Disney for many Guests is the Magical Express. In case you did not know, the Magical Express is your mode of transportation from Orlando International Airport to your Disney World Resort Hotel. The motor coaches show Mickey shorts, have Disney quizzes, are decorated in Disney fashion, and only add to the excitement of your Disney vacation.
Inside The Magic spoke with Disney to confirm that Disney World Resort is indeed social distancing on the Magical Express. We were told Disney is running many more busses at the moment to ensure distancing is possible, and from Instagram, we can see this is true.
In this photo below, we can see how empty the lines are to board the bus. @cupcakecastletravel_jennifer even states:
Magical Express empty and ready to bring guests to their resorts! We waited 5 minutes to board our bus to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness🚌
View this post on Instagram
Magical Express empty and ready to bring guests to their resorts! We waited 5 minutes to board our bus to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness🚌 • • • #magicalexpress #easypeasy #socialdistancing #complimentarytransportation #disneytransportation #lowcrowds #shortwaittimes #waltdisneyworld #magicalmemorymaker #cupcakecastlestravel_jennifer
The Disney Parks
Of course, visiting the Disney parks will be the highlight of many Guests’ vacation, so Disney makes sure that visiting is very safe. Reportedly, there have been no COVID-19 outbreaks at Disney World, and that is likely due to the measures Disney Cast Members have been implementing. There are quite a few precautions Disney abides by so we will list them out!
- Masks are mandatory everywhere on Disney property until you are in the comfort of your Disney Resort room.
- Temperature checks are taken upon entry to all Disney Parks
- Nighttime shows and parades are currently not occurring to prevent large crowding
- Character cavalcades, however, are happening! So you can still see your favorite characters at Magic Kingdom, or any Disney park.
- Disney Parks are operating at limited capacity. You must reserve a Disney Park Pass to enter any of the four theme parks.
- Social distance markers are places in queues to ensure Guests are always 6 feet apart.
- Mobile ordering is more available than ever! You can order your food in a contactless way.
- Cast Members are constantly seen sanitizing railings, attraction vehicles, and any high-touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitizing stations are everywhere.
- Plexiglass has been installed in queues and attractions to prevent the spreading of germs. As you can see below, attractions like EPCOT’s Soarin’ have split up rows with plexiglass to place families or groups of Guests together. Coasters like Big Thunder Mountain are loading every other row.
Your Disney World Resort room is where you can go to unmask, but that is it. Cast Members heavily clean and disinfect each resort room as Guests check out. TV remotes have been seen wrapped with a notice that it has been cleaned, to help ensure Guests that their room is safe to enjoy and relax in. Resort pools are still open for you to use, and there is very little that you cannot do at your Disney Resort that you could not prior to the pandemic.
With the lower crowds, there has never been a better time to experience Disney World without being next to another Guest at every turn. If you can look past the modifications, there will be so many new experiences these alterations can provide for you on your vacation. If you want to get started on making these magical memories happen, click here and Academy Travel can help you today!
Are you comfortable visiting Walt Disney World? Let us know!