Disney Family released an all new recipe for a Chip mug cake, and it’s delicious!
A minute mug cake in a Chip mug is so cute! Just his face looking up at the cake is so inviting. It’s like he’s singing “Be Our Guest” and telling you to eat the cake! All you have to do is put it together and pop it in the microwave. It’s so fast and simple that you might not even have enough time to pop Beauty and the Beast on the television before it’s even done.
Mug Cake Recipe
This is an easy mug cake recipe without all the hassle and mess that baking a cake usually has. You want to have your cake and eat it too especially when it comes to actual cake, but baking a cake can be so temperamental and not come out the way you want. Well a microwave mug cake is quick and painless solution to that, resulting in the moistest chocolate mug cake.
Recipe Source: Disney Family
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- ¼ cup flour or pancake mix
- 3 Tbsp white or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder or ⅛ tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp dairy, nut, oat, or coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ cup whipped cream or whipped topping
- 2 chocolate sandwich cookies, crumbled
- Pearl sprinkles Red rose icing decoration
- Tear open an Earl Grey tea bag. Measure ½ teaspoon of the tea leaves and combine with 1 tablespoon of hot water in a small cup. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in the Chip mug. Use a fork to stir all the dry ingredients together until thoroughly mixed and no lumps remain.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla, and tea mixture (tea and tea leaves) to the dry ingredients. Stir together to form a batter. Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds, then remove from the microwave and let sit for 5 minutes before decorating.
- To make the grey stuff topping, gently mix whipped cream with cookie crumbles. Dollop the grey stuff on top of the mug cake, then decorate with pearl sprinkles and a red rose icing decoration.
Beauty and the Beast Dessert Feast
If you’ve got a sweet tooth and you want to have a full dessert feast, you have other can add on with Gaston’s Cinnamon Rolls and LeFou’s Brew! When you get to “Be Our Guest” in the movie, you have to try the Grey Stuff like Lumiere sings! Maybe you can have a sing-a-long while you’re making your desserts.
Complete Your Beauty and the Beast Experience
Can you make a castle or fort looking like the new Beauty and the Beast castle coming soon to Tokyo Disneyland? Maybe you’re needing some retail therapy, shopDisney has a very adorable Chip animation mug. And you want to feel like you’re on vacation abroad Disney Cruise Line, you should watch the Beauty and the Beast musical they have for entertainment – it’s online now!
Credit: Twitter User WD23