One of my absolute favorite places on Disney property is the Boardwalk, located right off of the Boardwalk Inn and Villas.
This boardwalk offers all kinds of amazing eateries, merchandise shops and activities, right next to a beautiful lake (and might I add, a perfect spot to watch the sunset). Whether you’re just passing through on a scenic stroll, or you’ve heard stories about the amazing food offered at Trattoria Al Forno, this Italian restaurant is a must do on your ‘Disney foodie’ bucket list. Even more specifically — the Roasted White Chocolate Budino dessert!
Have You Tried This Popular Dish?
One of the popular dessert dishes at the restaurant — Roasted White Chocolate Budino — is now a treat that you don’t have to wait until your next Disney vacation to get!
This dessert is sweet and creamy similar to a custard with a crunchy counterpart — an amaretti cookie — served on top. Shared in the cookbook, Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition, this sweet recipe is not only easy to make but transports you back to your last time at Disney’s Boardwalk. Trust me, it’s that good!
Bring On The Dessert: Here’s The Recipe!
To make the Budino, you’ll need:
- 1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
To make the amaretti cookies, and for serving garnish, you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
Follow These Step-By-Step Instructions To Make The Budino:
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Color should be medium caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
Follow These Step-By-Step Instructions To Make The Amaretti Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough. Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
Once Both Components Are Done, Serve As Follows:
Top each budino serving with an Amaretti cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry!
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes: