Are you missing the delicious flavors of Disney? If so, check out this easy to follow recipe!
If you are a fan of Katsura Grill in EPCOT, then you’re going to love this — We just found a way to recreate the famous Udon Noodles dish. This recipe is for the Beef Udon, but if you wanted to do without the beef (or replace with shrimp tempura), you can easily modify!
Thanks to Mission Food, we can now recreate the Udon Noodles from EPCOT right in our own home (the perfect dinner!). Check out the recipe below.
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce preferably low sodium
- 3/4 cup soy sauce preferably low sodium, divided
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound flank steak sliced on diagonal (against grain) into 1/4-inch-wide pieces
- 1 pound udon noodles dried or fresh
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 green onions trimmed and thinly sliced, for garnish
- Pickled ginger for garnish
Step By Step Instructions
- Start by combining the teriyaki sauce, 1/2 cup soy sauce, mirin, water and sugar into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the ingredients dissolve. Bring them to boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Next, place the cornstarch in small mixing bowl and whisk in 2 to 3 tablespoons of the simmering sauce.
- Add this back to the saucepan and whisk until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Then, remove from heat.
- If desired, place the beef and 2/3 cup of sauce in a large bowl, mixing until beef is thoroughly covered. (If you skip the beef, you can skip this step). Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Keep the rest of the sauce warm until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions, but be sure to shorten the cooking time by 2 to 3 minutes — This allows noodles to be cooked al dente.
- Remove from heat, drain and toss with canola oil. Set aside.
- Strain excess marinade from beef, and cook beef in large skillet or wok over medium heat until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, place on plate and cover with foil until ready to serve.
- Mix together remaining 1/4 cup soy sauce, ginger and rice wine vinegar in skillet or wok large enough to hold the noodles. Cook over high heat until boiling, reduce heat to medium and add cooked noodles, heating through until sauce thickens and coats the noodles.
- To serve the dish, place the hot noodles on plate and top with beef (If desired).
- Garnish with onions and pickled ginger, and serve the dish with remaining sauce on the side for drizzling.
Other At Home Disney Recipes
And if you are looking for other fun, make at home Disney treats be sure to check out some of our other easy to follow recipes:
- Make Gaston’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls At Home
- Make LeFou’s Brew In The Comfort Of Your Own Home
- Enjoy The Iconic Green or Blue Milk Inside Your Own House
- Recreate Ohana’s Bread Pudding
- Make The Famous “Grey Stuff” At Home
- Recreate California Grill’s Chocolate Lava Cake In Your Own Home