“Together, we are magia!” Hispanic Latinx Heritage Month officially began on September 15, and Disney Parks are a wonderful place to celebrate.
“I’m very proud to be a Hispanic/Latinx cast member at Walt Disney World Resort and that’s one of the reasons why I’m always excited to share the different events and opportunities we have to celebrate our cultures with all of you,” wrote Sarah Domenech, Public Relations Manager, on Disney Parks Blog. “As part of Hispanic Latinx Heritage Month we are happy to announce the multiple ways you can celebrate across Walt Disney World Resort through food, music, and more! Because, after all, ‘Together We Are Magia!’”
Below, we have included all of the ways you can celebrate Hispanic Latinx Heritage Month — which runs from September 15 through October 15 — at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Disney Theme Parks at Walt Disney World
Here is a helpful list of things you can do at the theme parks to celebrate Hispanic Latinx Heritage Month this year.
- Visit the Disney Fab 50 statues of Miguel and Dante from Coco, the 2017 Pixar Animation Studios film. You will find these golden statues in EPCOT.
- Stop by the Mexican Folk Art Gallery in the Mexico pavilion in EPCOT.
- Dine on delicious limited-time offerings at the Mexico pavilion in EPCOT. The San Angel Inn restaurant will showcase San Pascual Award-winning chef Federico A. Lopez and his menu representing regional Mexican foods starting October 1.
- Watch a performance from Mariachi Cobre in the American Gardens Theater at EPCOT. Also at the American Gardens Theater you can catch Latin Ambition from October 1 through 4.
- Visit the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival and try the Chimichurri-up Offense at Flavors from Fire Hosted by The NFL on ESPN or the Crispy Pig Ear Salad at The Swanky Saucy Swine.
- Try the Colombian Hot Dog at Fairfax Fare Counter at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- See Princess Elena in the Royal Princess Processional cavalcade at Magic Kingdom.
- In Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, try signature menu items at Tiffins, The Smiling Crocodile, and Nomad Lounge.
Visit Disney Springs for even more offerings this month!
- Watch performances by La Calle, a Latin Pop band, as well as Nicholas Marks – known as the “Jimi Hendrix” of Flamenco music.
- Try dishes crafted by Hispanic and Latinx Cast Members: Alex Cabrera’s Tres Leches at Amorette’s Patisserie, Jose Rodriguez’s Tripleta Burger at D-Luxe Burger and Oscar Prieto’s Tostones at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar.
- Visit the food truck Urban Cilantro Eatery for some Latin street food.
- Visit The Art of Disney to see an artist spotlight series featuring a focus on Hispanic and Latinx producers, directors, and animators working Encanto, the upcoming film from Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Per Disney, you’ll find crystal and porcelain giftware from Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers, soccer gear from Pelé Soccer, hand-rolled Cuban cigars from Sosa Cigars, and jewelry handcrafted by Spanish artists at UNOde50.
Disney Resort Hotels
You can also visit the Disney Resort hotels on Disney World property. Here are some of their offerings in honor of Hispanic Latinx Heritage Month:
- Dine on Latin-inspired food at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Disney’s Old Key West Resort, and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. We love Three Bridges — Villa de Lago at Coronado Springs, in particular!
- Watch the Movies Under the Stars. Disney will show a variety of films inspired by Latin culture and featuring Hispanic and Latinx talent, such as Elena and the Secret of Avalor and Coco.
If you are ready to book a trip to Walt Disney World Resort in honor of Hispanic and Latinx Heritage Month, click here to work with our partners, the Authorized Disney Vacation Planners at Academy Travel!