With news of a Disneyland reopening announcement coming “very, very shortly” according to California Governor Gavin Newsom, it’s no surprise that preparations appear to be in full swing at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.
Although Disneyland Cast Members have been doing reopening prep for several weeks, today’s view from the “Mattercam” (a live stream from a camera attached to the Anaheim Howard Johnson hotel) showed some serious work being done at both California Disney theme parks.
On Twitter, Anaheim Park Tourist shared this post:
Saw some interesting things on the #mattercam . First are three people performing maintenance on the #Incredicoaster loop. The second is a crane lowering something in what I assume is the Jungle Cruise. You can see the object to the right of #Spacemountain #Disneyland pic.twitter.com/7rzRWnS7iI
— Anaheim Park Tourist (@AnaheimPark) September 21, 2020
They shared this caption:
Saw some interesting things on the #mattercam . First are three people performing maintenance on the #Incredicoaster loop. The second is a crane lowering something in what I assume is the Jungle Cruise. You can see the object to the right of #Spacemountain #Disneyland
Twitter user @ALifeIntheParks echoed the sentiments of many Disneyland fans, replying:
Everything is pointing in the right direction now
Also today, the floral Mickey Mouse arrangement at the entrance of Disneyland Park was spruced up, which, again, seems to point to a reopening announcement sooner rather than later.
It is important to note that Walt Disney Company executives, including Chairman Parks, Experiences and Products Josh D’Amaro, have not yet given an official update regarding the reopening of Disneyland Resort.
Although numerous indications, including Governor Newsom’s own words, do appear to be pointing to some type of news sooner rather than later, it is imperative to wait for confirmation before assuming a reopening announcement is nigh.
At this time, the Disneyland website still reads:
- The Downtown Disney District has begun a phased reopening.
- The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort remain closed and will reopen at a later date.
- Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park remain closed and will reopen at a later date, pending state and local government approvals.
- Upon reopening, certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. View important details.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. View important details.
Check out the Mattercam feed for yourself below:
At this time, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris, have all begun their phased reopening processes. Disneyland Resort in Anaheim is the only Disney Park in the world that is still temporarily closed.
Are you looking forward to returning to Disneyland Resort? What do you think about these new Disneyland reopening preparations?