Alrighty pineapple treat people! Dole Whip is undeniably one of the most popular Disney Parks sweet treats there is, and this version is a completely unique swirl to the original. See what I did there?
Thanks to Delish, we can now whip up two dozen of these adorable Dole Whip Cupcakes at home as a yummy dessert to satisfy that sweet tooth!
FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Small pineapple slice, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325° and line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix cake mix with crushed pineapple, vegetable oil, and eggs. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large bowl, combine butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, pineapple juice, and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth. Add remaining 2 cups powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Transfer frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Swirl frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Garnish each cupcake with a pineapple wedge and a decorative straw.
Original Dole Whip
If you’re looking for that fresh pineapple Dole Whip flavor in its original Disney Parks form, then you’ll want this Dole Whip recipe. This recipe includes ice cream, but if you’re looking to stay dairy free, try Dole’s official recipe for Dole Whip. Now if you’re not looking to do all that work and can get over to the Disney Parks, here’s a complete Dole Whip Guide for you!
Disney Cupcake Recipes
For those who are craving all the sweet treats, there’s plenty more Disney cupcakes you can make from Disney Park inspired to Disney movie inspired. There’s the Chocolate Cupcakes With Hazelnut-Buttercream from Disney’s Hollywood Studios that will be sure to make your mouth tingle! For a hint of summer all year long, make a splash with these Mickey beach cupcakes that will have you dreaming that you’re at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. Whatever you decide, be sure to try to Grey Stuff, it’s delicious!
Will you be making these Dole Whip cupcakes? Let us know in the comments.