With Walt Disney World having its phased reopening for select resort hotels beginning on June 22, it’s leaving a lot of people wondering what exactly will be reopening along with them and what will be changing.
One of the major changes we have noticed (and that Disney World has confirmed) is the club-levels. Many Guests were wondering how Disney would handle the club-levels upon reopening. In case you aren’t familiar, club-level is only available at the Deluxe Resorts at Walt Disney World and has many advantages. In fact, one of the biggest draws to club-level is the lounge and food.
Well, unfortunately for all of those who were hoping club-level would remain the same upon reopening — Disney has confirmed that club-level will be unavailable. According to the Walt Disney World updates website:
Some Disney Resort hotel services will be modified or unavailable during the initial reopening period, based on physical distancing and health guidelines. Changes include:
- Bell Services will deliver luggage to rooms, but will not escort Guests
- Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable
- Deliveries will only be made to occupied rooms
- In-room celebrations will not be available
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services will be temporarily unavailable; self-service laundry will remain available
- Shipping services will be temporarily unavailable
- Resort airline check-in service may be temporarily unavailable
If you haven’t yet heard, beginning on June 22, select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen. These select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts include:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
If you are looking for more information regarding updates on the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, check out some of our other articles here:
- Iconic Electrical Water Pageant Will NOT Be Available When Disney World Reopens
- Walt Disney World Extends Flexible Cancellation Policy
- Disney Guests Must Confirm, Cancel, Modify Reservations By Next Week
- Disney World App Gets New Features Including Virtual Chat
- Disney Resort Hotel Reservations DO NOT Guarantee Theme Park Access
- A Complete List of Disney World Restaurants Reopening in June
- Modifications Put in Place for Shopping Experiences at Disney World
- Will Pin Trading Be Available Once Walt Disney World Reopens?
If you need additional help with planning or modifying your upcoming Walt Disney World Resort vacation, don’t hesitate to reach out to your trusty travel agent.
Do you have an upcoming Disney World vacation? Let us know when you are visiting the Most Magical Place on Earth in the comments below.